IT HAS BEGUN!
http://www.battle.net/

yay!!
Signatures suck
I'm afraid that we must all too soon bid farewell to the intimate lounge that we know and love.

Bolty, would it be at all possible to restrict posting access to the "lounge" forum (perhaps not the strategy forums, that may be a bit unfair) for a certain number of days after signing up in an effort to maintain some sanity and reduce the spam of the unitiated? A sort of forced period of "lurkage", at least for the lounge? I wouldn't want to unduly deter new lurkers from joining the fray, but the flood of "one stop shoppers" could make for a nasty atmosphere; particularly in the general discussion forum, I fear...

Just a thought - perhaps a tad bit of an elitist one at that.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Chaerophon,Mar 19 2004, 06:15 AM Wrote:Bolty, would it be at all possible to restrict posting access to the "lounge" forum (perhaps not the strategy forums, that may be a bit unfair) for a certain number of days after signing up in an effort to maintain some sanity and reduce the spam of the unitiated?
And how would that have helped in this case?

bshultz has been registered here for over a year. :o

I am hoping that it was mere excitement that caused this lapse.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Actually, I think the whole Lurkerlounge should permanently be private. Membership only at request.
Now, if I could please direct you to the WoW forum, we'll be all set. :)

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete