Ironman Tournament
Hi Lurkers!

I don't think anyone of you remembers me (at least I hope so), but I'd like to post an invitation to the little D1 Ironman tournament of my clan here. Umm.. Already done. ;)

The price is glory and honour, free drinks at Ogden's and virtual cookies.

--- Invitation starts here ---
(Translated by Jamala)

No moon, not even one star. Dark clouds are covering the night's sky.

A veiled figure is sneaking with soundless elegance through the sleeping town. From time to time - it seems indiscriminate - the figure stands still covered by the night's darkness and tampers with the houses' silent walls, just to proceed on in the next moment. A restless shade, who finds his way to leave the town just at dawn, to keep travelling it's journey.

Those who use to stand up early are the first ones to wonder about the strange information papers that've been attached to the town house's walls at night:

!!! Ironman Tournament !!!

Dear,
brave warriors of Khanduras,
skillful sisters of the Sightless Eye,
powerful sorcerers of the Vizjerei !

Our guild, known as "Brotherhood Of Doom" (BoD), invites those, who dare to test their skills and abilities with others that think in the same way, to an honorable competition.

At groups of three you're supposed to fight your way through the hordes of demons and undeads, without the help of the towns people, to the Lord Of Terror himself, if the death can't get you in before.

From February 1st to Edited! May 30th Edited! you should notify the BoD and challenge the difficulties of Ironman.

May the luck be with you and protect your party.

~Ligeia-BoD

For detailed information: http://forum.gamingforfun.com/viewtopic.php?t=271

--- Invitation ends here ---
Hello Ligeia. I love the style of this invitation, and also the ground rules you have established for your tournament. Has this tournament drawn much interest from within your guild?
Thanks Nystul. :)
Much interest from within my guild.. well.. That depends on your definition of 'much interest'. We have one team (and 2/3), that makes 5 interested clan members. That's quite good for BoD and our D1 section isn't as big as in the old days, too... I'd love to have more participants, though (from anywhere - as long as they don't cheat). 2 teams just ain't enough for a tournament.. even a little one.. :rolleyes:
I may apply, it depends if I can get a team together. I don't know enough people who regularly play D1 to be assured of doing so... but if anyone else needs a third person for their team, I'm willing to join... I play best as a sorc, and I haven't really had much practice with the other classes, so if I was on a team, that's what I'd be. Anyway, if anyone has a team and is looking for an extra person, let me know(PM me or something).
Reality is the greatest illusion of all.
Oh... That sucks, I don't have the internet anymore. If I did however I'd like to join. Public computers don't like me to install games on them...

My brother and I had our own Ironman game a few months ago. We were only two but we did well.

Rogue and Warrior. Got to level 14 before we were overrun by gold drakes. Ran out of pots, out of mana, I was reduced to using a sword and kite shield for my bow had destroyed itself after numerous repairs. I hope everyone who participates a grand time. =)
"Hi."
I'd love to join if I could get a team together, I don't really know anyone very well who plays Diablo. Malachyte, if you're looking for a partner, I'd gladly come along.
You'll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that is hardly worth the effort.
[Image: antubis.JPG]
Ligeia!

How lovely to see you again. I am so excited about this tournament, and I am trying to form a team right now.

My daughter is getting married in April 4, 2004 so I'm terribly busy with that, but I hope I can pull this off anyway.

Question for you? Must we complete the game by April 30th, or is enough to have started it before April 30th?

If teams must complete by April 30th, then ... <bats her big, pretty blue eyes> can I get a special wedding dispensation?
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Alright then. We'll form a team then... just need one more person to join us. My e-mail is supersaiyajin10@dbzmail.com, get in touch with me that way and we can discuss it more.

Edit: We've got a third person. We should be able to begin sometime this weekend, I need to get my spare copy of Diablo to him.
I'd love to try this... However, I am only me...so if anyone is looking for another player either respond here or send me an e-mail at gama_zar@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
@Sabra
April 30th is a 'deadline'. If you are not finished then, you'll have to stop and send in your (unfinished) game results. Otherwise it may take months until the winner is found and I'm a little too impatient for that. <_<

I may not give you a special 'wedding dispensation' (congrats to you and your daughter :)), but I'm already thinking about changing the deadline to middle or end of May for everyone, so you'll probably have enough time...

Seta Sojiro,Mar 17 2004, 12:21 AM Wrote:Oh... That sucks, I don't have the internet anymore. If I did however I'd like to join. Public computers don't like me to install games on them...

My brother and I had our own Ironman game a few months ago. We were only two but we did well.
Well, Seta.. You could take part in the tournament even if you only play on LAN. In theory you just need an internet connection to send me your results and receive glory and honour (or pity ^^) from the other players.
Sorry Malachyte but I can't make it <_< . I have too many other things to do and it would be very difficult to squeeze in. I just don't have the time to join the tournament. (Besides, Diablo isn't working on my computer, so even if I had the time I still wouldn't be able to).
You'll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that is hardly worth the effort.
[Image: antubis.JPG]
Hi, Ligeia:

Thank you so much for letting me know. If you do decide to change the deadline, will you please let us all know?

I wish all your participants the very best in their adventures and I hope your tournament is a complete success.

No shrine recreation between sessions? Boy! You play rough! :P

Attika and I are thinking we might host another IM Tournament later this year and I hope that you'll be available to play in ours along with the rest of your crew.

If we can't beat you now - we'll beat you later. ;)

Seriously though, we haven't given up on this, but with three person teams only allowed, meshing schedules can be so difficult.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Hmm... good idea, however, it'll still be just the two of us. I'm going to try and get my cousin to come visit for his spring break with his laptop.

And congratulations to Sabra. Because I know no wedding songs, I'll have to do with this,

"We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, and a happy New Year!" XD
"Hi."
Ah well. In that case, if you want to join up w/ me and my friend, Scalefang, you're more than welcome to.
Sounds good to me. I'm decently flexible so feel free to drop me a line and let's see if we can work something out. Weekends are great right now.
Quote:And congratulations to Sabra. Because I know no wedding songs, I'll have to do with this,

"We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, and a happy New Year!" XD

Aaaaand Maaaaany Mooooore ...

Thank you, Seta. Your musical selection beats the heck out of some "wedding songs" I know. Can you say "Close to You?" :blink: No? Then now about "Time in a Bottle?" <cringes> I know my age is showing, and most of you are too young to know of those two little ditties to which my generation wed.

But I digress.

I am getting so excited to play in the tournament, that I've proposed to Attika that we each plan to take a day off work and play straight through till the team dies or wins. 5 minute breaks each hour and meals of course.

How hardcore is that??? But man! If we find a BF, I'm not giving that up!

Only thing sicker is that Attika's actually willing to do this too! You have to take pity on the die-hard D1 IM-er.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
The new deadline is May 30th. (Hope that helps you a bit, too, Sabra. ;))

Please don't forget to send some kind of application. I need to psychologically prepare for receiving some mails with big attachements in May... :lol:
Thank you so much, Ligeia. Attika comes back tomorrow, I think and then I leave for the wedding, but if we can get something together in that short time frame, we will. Otherwise, you'll hear from me sometime after 4/7/04.

How many teams so far?

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
How many teams..? Well, still only two teams. Although it seemed that a third team was able to get together in this thread? Oh, well... I don't know.

I'd be happy to have you and Attika on board. It would be much more interesting for Moldy's team then... :D
(Sorry, I know I'm late. Nevermind. ;))

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, Angels and Demons, and All the Others.

I am finally able to announce the winner teams of the BoD IM tournament:

First place: The Fall Backs
Trivenefica, Kein Gerede and Moldran managed to get to the [rectified]12th[/rectified] dungeonlevel and could only be defeated by Diablos minions at the very gates of hell.

Second Place: Die Kruemelmonster
Sijell, Zahmekoses and me got through level 6 until our mage was killed by a (for the other two) invisible lag-goatman and.. uh.. then some other things went wrong, too. ;)

All praises and free drinks to Triv, KG and Moldy! :)