So Much Hate
Clickity-Click!

Ok, this time, I do have a link.

It's a busy year for hate. By the looks of it, the calender is jam packed.

Where I live is seeing a massive revival of sorts, for the KKK. The message of distrusting any and all dark skinned strangers is catchy. Anybody not white might be a terrorist... If you listen to the hype. Uh, I think these sorry folks forgot about Oklahoma.

Frankly, I am annoyed. Irritated even. Going to the Wal-Mart the other day, I saw a fellow handing out leaflets for the American Patriot's Society (APS), a friendly face front for the KKK. I had to shoo him and his gathering crowd away before they did something to hurt themselves. What amazed me is how large the crowd was this time. Large or not, they still scatter like chickens. For now. Spineless wretches. I worry that people with real conviction will join those mobs soon and keep the flock in line. I worry about that a lot lately. People are primed it seems, angry, frusterated about job losses, the economy, and God knows what else. People are like a keg waiting to be tapped, and, these anal sphincters are playing on people's fears and insecurities. I like Wal-Mart. My wife and I shop there. And I like to sit on the bench and go people watching. I don't get out much. I would hate to have to organize a massive boycott of Wally World for them allowing undesireables hanging out in front of the store saying most unpleasant things wrapped in pretty packages.

Even the churches it seems, are back in cahoots. Lots of "Community Security Organizations" gatherings at many of the local Baptist churches, sponsored by, you guessed it, the APS. I shudder to think what the APS is teaching in those classes. You would think a church of all places would have a message of love your neighbor. Bah. I haven't set foot in a church since the 70's or so. Houses of the Damned.

I don't get it. You would think that people would have learned by now. All around me I see all the signs of an awakening monster and nobody seems to mind. It's almost as if people want this monster to awake, and protect them somehow. I am not sure what people expect. So much fear and hate and so many evil things just waiting in the wings to cash in on it.

What is it that people have against playing nice?
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:I like Wal-Mart.

You never struck me as a Wal-Mart kinda guy. You learn something new every day.
Quote:What is it that people have against playing nice?

Whether people play nice or not, there are winners and there are losers. Some people just can't stand losing to other "certain types" of people. Losers, I tell ya, losers.

I was going to write something about how Capitalism lends itself to hatred because of all the competition, and the inevitable pile of losers that are generated. But, upon re-reading it, it kinda droned on and made little sense. So, I'll just leave it at this: when we're young, we're told over and over that, "you can be anything you want to be, so long as you put your mind to it". Everyone tries to be the best, but the reality is that there can be only one president, only so many astronaughts, only so many doctors etc. Those that fail can either hate themselves, or hate those that beat them (there's no sense in hating the system...); "I lost my job because of affirmative action" or "I couldn't make the pro-baseball team"...

But that could be only one reason for some of the hate. Maybe people around your area are just really really dumb. At least I can understand misplacing one's hate for a person onto a group of "similar" people (kind of like the affirmative action, getting passed over in favour of a "minority"), but hating just because of skin/religion/gender/sexual preference is beyond me.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Hi JustAGuy,

to me, it seems pretty clear: You're a loser because of *insert reason here*, and that's the fact. Most of the time, it seems to be dumbness, not wanting to put in a good day's work or just a somewhat botched up attitude. Nevertheless, what follows is:

"I don't have a job, I don't have a decent home, neither a car nor a nicely filled bank account". Next step: Okay, I don't have anything of the preceding things, but I'm still... whatever drives that persons boat; around where I live, it mostly comes down to "At least I'm still German, so S**g H**l!"

Idiots. Hate one person? OK, it might happen, though it's hard for me to imagine a situation in which I would invest my energy to hating someone passionately (OK, murdering a child of mine, a spouse, parent or very close friend might do it); I probably would just ignore the person. I think hate is very personal, as is love; hating people I don't even know is ridiculous to me and something I can only call "indoctrination".

Take care,
Lord_Olf

EDIT: typos
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
Technically, there's nothing wrong with what these people are doing. Our Constitution grants them ability to speak their minds and gather in public, within reason.

If they want to gather in public and preach their beliefs, then that's fine by me. The churches around here do it all the time. Until they break the law, I say let them say and do what they please.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
But it's also our right to speak up about it and say we don't like what they are saying. There comes a point, also, when words become threats (and somehow go outside of the first ammendment).
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
Hatred comes from fear, which comes from prejudice and intolerance, which come from ignorance.

But then again.. politicians can do without an educated populace, I guess.
I once heard a quote, think it went something like this

"Thoughts lead to Words,
Words lead to Actions,
Actions lead to Character,
Character leads to Destiny."
But that revolves around one believing in fate.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
No it doesn't. That is nearly the opposite of fate. That quote assumes that people's actions are not predetermined by some "fate" but instead determined and driven by the thoughts of oneself.
Artega,Mar 12 2004, 10:05 PM Wrote:Technically, there's nothing wrong with what these people are doing.  Our Constitution grants them ability to speak their minds and gather in public, within reason.

If they want to gather in public and preach their beliefs, then that's fine by me.  The churches around here do it all the time.  Until they break the law, I say let them say and do what they please.
Nothing illegal with what they're doing you mean. As distinct from "wrong".

Sailboat