BN characters.
No, not beyond N, Bare Nec. =P

My sorceror is currently level 35, has a Topaz Shield and a Ring of the Mind.

He's doing well, incredibly well in fact. However, I will admit that he has to run (or teleport... >_>) to corners much like my warriors and rogues now when faced by fire immune melees and a room of witches...

My warrior is equipped with a weird sword of haste. Falchion type. +99% to hit. His jade shield and gold ring is also very nice. Still a paltry level 23, I hope to bring that up soon.

My rogue is my shining jewel however with her BEGINNING SHORT BOW and a perfect Obsidian Ring coupled with her mail of the lion. Level 48. She's visited quite a number of Hidden shrines with her 120 short bow and 100 mail. I have a skull cap that I keep for when I meet up with another hidden shrines should I decide I'm bored and want to do more. This character was started quite a while ago.

I decided to make this topic because I was looking around through my old character archives (basically this folder labeled "Diablo 1 mules") and found a zip folder containing these three characters. My rogue isn't exactly BNR with her mail of the lion... but I supposed I felt like I needed it, a three shots from advocates can level her completely still... Just wanted to know what BN characters others may have made and if they have any stories to tell. =) Just looking at them and playing with them for a while brought back some memories... ^_^
"Hi."
Quote:No, not beyond N, Bare Nec. =P

The standard is Naked (N) and Beyond Naked (BN). In some communities, the BN somehow morphed into Bare Naked. (I suspect they heard about NMs, then heard about BNMs and inferred BN ~ N, therefore BN = Bare Naked.) Here there is no Bare Naked, because the acronym would interfere with BNs.

Quote:My rogue is my shining jewel however with her BEGINNING SHORT BOW ... Level 48.

Nice. :)

Quote:Just wanted to know what [Naked] characters others may have made and if they have any stories to tell. =) Just looking at them and playing with them for a while brought back some memories...

My Nude Luminous BAR pretty much retired after his 1@26. (It took that long for him to get stun damage vs mlvl 30.) Hmm, I also have a Monk BAR (who I neglect horribly) that tends to play mostly naked; his gear keeps breaking and he prefers kicking to weaponry. The one thing I distinctly remember about both characters is how much Advo fireballs hurt. ;)

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
No, not beyond N, Bare Nec. =P

You are referring to the equipment comments listed in Armin's "Bare Necessities" article, yes? I never really thought of those as playing restrictions, but I guess it would work :) Some of the more fun characters were the ones played normally but agressively, not wasting any time on shopping or twinking but just diving deeper and deeper into the dungeons, and ending up with a 3@30 in equipment not much better than the "bare necessities".
My only notable character of such sort is my almost naked rogue. She only uses a vanilla short bow, no other equipment. As for magic, she's limited to scrolls. She's around 22-24-ish IIRC and still waiting for the first dot. She used to adventure with a similar rogue and someday they'll get off their butts and finally get the dot. Best so far was a dead Laz & co.

I also had a BNR for a while, but I gave up not long after some pubby idiot stole her ring of illness and sold it :blink:. She didn't find many cursed items anyway.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect