WarLocke's Micro Hero Army Thread
Okay, I give up. I cannot get Lochnar's beard to look any better than this:

[Image: Lochnar%5BITB%5D_Micro.gif]

There is some shading in there, but the darn colors don't want to show. :angry:

EDIT: Fixed the colors myself, anyway. B)
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Mar 9 2004, 03:22 AM Wrote:Okay, I give up.  I cannot get Lochnar's beard to look any better than this:

[Image: Lochnar_Micro.gif]

There is some shading in there, but the darn colors don't want to show. :angry:

I like the beard. Yours is, of course, much better than mine, except for the colors. I prefer the emerald green costume over the flourescent green. I think I'm going to grab yours and play with the color. I hope you don't mind. Actually, I think I'll do a beard-and-Loc-Nar-ectomy on yours and transplant them to mine. The best of both. Thanks.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:I prefer the emerald green costume over the flourescent green.

Hey, I could have fixed the coloring if you had said something! :angry:

Oh well, no hard feelings. Do with it what you will. B)

What graphics program are you using? If it's Photoshop, I can send you my .PSD file; it'd probably be easier to make changes if you had layers to work with rather than just a flattened image.
WarLocke,Mar 9 2004, 04:29 AM Wrote:Hey, I could have fixed the coloring if you had said something!  :angry:
I just assumed you had seen the color scheme in my version. Its kind of fun to go in and play with it anyway. Besides, I know you've got that *other thing* to attend to. ;)

Quote:What graphics program are you using?

You mean they have programs that do graphics? :o I just use a hex editor to go in and twiddle the bits untill something good comes out. It's something akin to an infinite number of monkeys hitting keys on an infinite number of typewriters, eventually you get Shakespear. :lol: Actually, my graphics editing is not far removed from that, I use Paint (the program, not the pigmented fluid). :blink:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:Besides, I know you've got that *other thing* to attend to. ;)

Yeah, I wish I could be "attending to" it right now. Grrr, dammit. :angry:

In other news, I've begun working on P.E.T.E. He kind of has the whole Vision thing going, heh...
Okay, here's Pete.

[Image: Pete_Micro.gif]

He just wasn't working out as a robot/android, so I tried a classic "golden age" type costume with a modernish helmet. I may have to go back and make the 'fins' larger on the gloves and boots, and maybe slightly darken the shading on the black portion of the costume. Opinions?

(EDIT: I made the glove & boot fins a bit more noticable, reduced some of the shading in the black portion of the costume, and made the visor translucent. B) )
Hi,

Hey, I like it. The red eyes are especially appealing. Or are those the rose colored glasses through which I look at the world?

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,Mar 9 2004, 01:24 PM Wrote:Hi,

Hey, I like it.  The red eyes are especially appealing.  Or are those the rose colored glasses through which I look at the world?

--Pete
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought the glasses contained a hidden monitor that you use to get communication from the other members of the P.E.T.E. conspiracy.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Quote:I thought the glasses contained a hidden monitor that you use to get communication from the other members of the P.E.T.E. conspiracy.

Ha! That's good. :lol:

I actually thought I might be going overboard putting a big P on his chest... I was half-afraid that Pete would unleash a power blast at me... [Image: emote_ninja.gif]

And now here's another parody I've been working on: Stuporman!

[Image: Stuporman_Micro.gif]

B)
WarLocke,Mar 9 2004, 11:13 PM Wrote:And now here's another parody I've been working on:  Stuporman!

[Image: Stuporman_Micro.gif]

B)
:lol: I love it. You must really be having fun with these. They are getting even better with each one you do.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:I love it. You must really be having fun with these. They are getting even better with each one you do.

Yeah, I just think they're so darn cool. Thanks for the praise, I think I am getting better, but I still have problems "freehanding" stuff like boots and costume paraphenalia - I have to keep redrawing it over and over until I get a halfway-decent result.

Plus, they pass the time when I can't be doing other... Stuff. <_<
Due to a... technical boon, I guess you could call it, I will have virtually no time to work on micros until Sunday, so don't expect any updates...

(woot B) )
WarLocke,Mar 9 2004, 01:01 PM Wrote:Okay, here's Pete.
Pete needs a "GET OFF MY LAWN!" sign.

Otherwise, brilliant.
Quote: Pete needs a "GET OFF MY LAWN!" sign.

lolol because he's a crotchety old man, am i rite?