Selling Things Over eBay
In an attempt to raise the remaining funds necessary for the purchase of my new computer's components, I intend on selling some excess junk over eBay. Only problem is, I have no idea how to do this. I've used eBay numerous times to buy things (such as a DSL modem, Magic cards, and some nifty posters now adorning my walls), but I've never tried selling stuff.

I intend on using my existing PayPal account to sell my surplus. Anyone have any idea or advice on how to go about doing this?
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Hello.

First you will need a seller's account. You may have already set this up. Click on the Sell tab and try logging in. If it takes you directly to sell your item, then you're all set.

If you are unable to log in, then you will need to create one. You may need to enter bank or credit card information (or something else related), or you can go through the verification process, which basically just asks you some personal questions and should only take about 10 minutes.

When you create your account, you can set up using PayPal.

Once you're all set as a seller (and you may already be), just click on the Sell tab and go through the process. First enter the category, then the title and description, then the pictures (optional) and details, then the payment and shipping, and that's it.

The shipping area is optional. If you need to figure out shipping costs, you can check out www.usps.com and calculate it there.

Good luck. :)
-scrape
How about them apples? They say they do not fall far from the tree, and that one can spoil the whole bunch. Well I say we may not all be rotten, but we are all spoiled.
degrak.com
degrak youtube
This is something I may look into, as well. I have a ton of old roleplaying books & supplements I'll never use, so I may as well try selling them.

I imagine out-of-print BattleTech and Shadowrun junk might be worth a bit. B)
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Feb 27 2004, 08:29 AM Wrote:This is something I may look into, as well.  I have a ton of old roleplaying books & supplements I'll never use, so I may as well try selling them.
If you have any D&D stuff, PM me. I'm always on the hunt for D&D stuff.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
D&D or AD&D? I'd have to check to see exactly what I have, but the majority is 2nd Ed. stuff.

I also have some weird stuff. I have manuals for Vampire and Werewolf, heck even Changeling.

(Changeling is pretty darn cool B) )
I would like a list of your AD&D 2nd Ed books. I already have the 3 core rulebooks, Tome of Magic, Book of Artifacts, and Player's Option: Spells and Powers. If you have anything other than those, please PM me. :)
Oh bugger, I think I reported the post instead of replying. Sorry to the mod that I'll bother with that ^_^

I was going to say that you can see how Ebay has nothing on the Lurker Lounge :lol:
You might try Titan Games or Noble Knight Games. They buy stuff.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
I've never sold anything on eBay, but there are companies that specialize in taking your stuff and auctioning it off on eBay. For a percentage, of course. I'd check their anti-fraud policies carefully, but I imagine it would be easier to use such a middleman if you're not planning on becoming a regular seller. I've heard of AuctionDrop and MooDog; there's a MooDog near my home, as a matter of fact. Hmmm.

Edit: typo.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Hey, just a quick update for those interested in the AD&D stuff. Sorry it's taking me so long, but the books are stored in a relative's attic. I went by her place today to get them, but she wasn't home. :(

Hopefully I can catch her tomorrow.