A riddle to ponder
Or am I really old enough to have ever used aggry?

Nope. Good catch on the Snopes-ism. :)

The older version with "the English language" was on the board here, I think, a few years ago. That rang a bell.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Can't it be something along the lines of "what is a negative answer?" or "what do you answer to a negative question?". My english is not good enough to phrase them as well as I would, but you get the idea.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:"what two questions can a person never answer yes to?".  The clue given is "it is not a yes or no question", which pretty much destroys all the answers we came up with so far. 

The question you don't ask, and the question they don't hear?

Just a guess. :huh:
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
I can't review all of the answers due to the way this board is set up (it only shows you the post you're replying to, instead of several posts), so I'll simply post the answers. I'm rather certain that, all told, they were all answered correctly.

The answers are:

- "<He is> your son" (it's told from the father's point of view.)

- A coffin.

- "Wrong"

- The stars.

- Tomorrow (though, as others pointed out, it can really be anything pertaining to the future)

- The letter "E".

- "Language". And I was the one that posted about said riddle a while back. I figured it'd been long enough that there would be some people here that hadn't seen it and would get a few moments' frustration over it :) Good job, those of you that got them correct.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Hi,

can't review all of the answers due to the way this board is set up (it only shows you the post you're replying to, instead of several posts),

Hint: open up a second window. You can check posts or other material in that second window, as well as cut-and-paste replies and go to references.

Now, on that last "riddle":

You phrased it, "There are but three words in the English language that end in -GRY. "Angry" and "hungry" are two of them. What is the third?" If you analyze the first sentence, it is talking about *three words in the English language* and *three words that end in -GRY*. Both requirements are needed to satisfy the conditions you specify. Claiming that "language" is an answer to the riddle simply shows your ignorance of the rules of sentence structure. Go to snopes http://www.snopes.com/language/puzzlers/gry.asp to see two ways that the riddle could be phrased.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I wrote that riddle from memory, not from written notes, like the others. I knew the sentence structure didn't work, but I couldn't remember the way it was supposed to be arranged. My apologies for my great ignorance of the English language.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.