Hi,

Quote:Still a curmudgeon in training.
I tutor at GI Bill rates.;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:Hi,

--Pete

So that and a $4.00 will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks?:)
Hi,

Quote:So that and a $4.00 will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks?:)
Actually, back in the day at GaTech, I'd math and physics tutor a few of my buddies in the vet's club, and the GI Bill tutoring compensation would get the pizza and beer. Best way to learn a subject is to teach it -- win win all around.:)

--Pete

Just saw this. (Logged in to pick up my latest spam PMs.) Sounds like a cool plan.

So count this as another echo of good wishes, Bolty.

-- CH
I am GhastMaster and I approve this message.
Quote:Hi,

--Pete

I just caught this. *chuckle*

And I now have a beard.

This is a bit OT for this conversation, but beard is a new thing for me. Learning techniques of trimming, and will allow the electric option to be available as a Father's Day input should the family agree. I've been told I am hard to buy presents for (gee, a keg of Westmarch Bitter, how hard could that be?).

As to the chin carpet, Missus Occhi did not at first agree, but has gotten used to it. Daughter likes it, thinks it makes me look like an author. Son, in his usual laconic fashion, has offered a profound shoulder shrug over the concept.

Dog still wants to lick my face.

The beard stays, for a while.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
/Delurks,
Nice, has really been 10 years already wow, times flies when you're having fun..

i cant wait to see the new layout...

/casts Vanish rank 10
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Goodluck with the new site design. I'd just like to communicate my appreciation for the LL's continued existance. I've been lurking since early in the D2 days and I've always found this site to be a refreshing and unique place on the internet. Kudos.
Quote:The Lurker Lounge is coming up on its 10 year anniversary.-Bolty
Well, I just saw a NZ advert for D3 coming out on August 20th. Didn't know if it was true so where do I head first? (Hint, no it wasn't blizzard.com :P)
Quote:Well, I just saw a NZ advert for D3 coming out on August 20th. Didn't know if it was true so where do I head first? (Hint, no it wasn't blizzard.com :P)
So glad to see you de lurk!

*claps*
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Moderators can expect a 5% raise.

I'll try not to spend all that in one place.

A site redesign? Imagine that. Bolty never does those.:D

I was starting to wonder if he'd forgotten, really.
--Mav

I too wish to thank everyone who has made Lurker Lounge possible over these past 10 years. I was never a regular poster, but in my D2 playing days, I read and read and read.

Best wishes with the redesign!
Has it been 10 years since Bolty's Diablo Strategy Central first went live??!! Wow! I can't believe that there are still quite a few of us around who remember that. The community has always been steadfast and strong!

A site redesign is a wonderful idea! Maybe you can do the retro 10 years ago look! hehehe!

I hope that the strategy section will be buzzing again once Diablo 3 comes out!

Best wishes,
-Das Regard

Oh and just wanted to say hello to all the familiar names and all the ones I haven't met yet!! Maybe others will come out of lurker mode as well!
Hi,

Quote:Oh and just wanted to say hello to all the familiar names and all the ones I haven't met yet!! Maybe others will come out of lurker mode as well!
And hi to you too. It's been a while since you've delurked -- glad you're still here.

--Pete

Quote:Oh and just wanted to say hello to all the familiar names and all the ones I haven't met yet!! Maybe others will come out of lurker mode as well!
Behold, the Original Forum!

In other news, Network54 is STILL around?

...upgrade to MySQL 5.0 in progress. Hope things don't break.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Behold, the Original Forum!

-Bolty
And it links to here! http://www.lurkerlounge.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi

I'm going through some of my old posts. I often tell people in WoW I forgot more about D2 than most people ever knew. Some of the stuff I'm reading makes me think I'm more right than even I thought. :lol:
Quote:Behold, the Original Forum!

-Bolty
Oh my goodness, look what I found. The internet doesn't let you hide your errors, does it? :o

<blockquote>When posting, don't make your face "eggy"
Learn from WhyBish, a Lurker and "Reggy"
His guide for nice lurking
Pans "Spamming" and "Jerking"
Just call him a Lounge "Dale Carnegie"</blockquote>
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Edited

Geez... I can't believe it's been 10 years! Congrats Bolty and thanks to everyone that's kept the LL going. It's good to see there are still quite a familiar faces around. Hopefully I'll get to know some new people as D3 gets closer.
Quote:Edited
You know a site has gotten out of control when moderators start editing the posts of the site designer:)
Quote:You know a site has gotten out of control when moderators start editing the posts of the site designer:)
Ah, right. Fixed the original post, restored from a backup.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.