A few quick pally questions
1) Does magic hammer (ok, I forget the name) have a cooldown
2) If yes, is it independent of the Fist of the Heavens one?
3) Does the hammer thing do more damage if the enemy is under conviction? (the one that lowers resistance)

I'm looking to build a 'caster pally' who spams FoH & hammer alternately whilst dropping the enemy resists.

-Bob
Bob,Feb 23 2004, 10:31 AM Wrote:1) Does magic hammer (ok, I forget the name) have a cooldown
2) If yes, is it independent of the Fist of the Heavens one?
1) No, and it's called 'Blessed Hammer'.
2) See above. :lol:

I'm not positive about 3, but I want to say no.
1. No.
2. As it doesn't have a timer, this doesn't apply. If it did have one, it would be connected to the FotH timer, as all timers are connected like that.
3. No. Conviction only reduces fireghtning/cold resistance, not magic resistance. BH ignores undead/demon magic resistance, anyways.
Ah, thanks guys.

So, since conviction won't do me any good with the hammer, would it be worth ignoring the hammer and building a FoH pally? or is the damage dealing too low? even with conviction, since I would then have points to sink into it's synergies.

Any recommended mercs for a FoH pally?

-Bob
Well, as Adeyke said, Blessed Hammer doesn't really need Conviction, as it ignores the resistance of all demons and undead (so the only monster type that is immune to you is the Wailing Beast in Hell). It also does more damage than FoH. But FoH is cooler, even if it is tough to beat the monster regeneration with it.
Bob,Feb 23 2004, 03:39 PM Wrote:Any recommended mercs for a FoH pally?
An Act 2 Nightmare Defensive Mercenary (Holy Freeze) would most likely help out most.