How to calculate the Magic DAMAGE?
Hello All

I am new to this forum. Is there any one know how to calculate the magic DAMAGE? For example, the barb has a skill - Berserk which has Magic Damage + % in each skill level. Does anyone know what it means and it's calculation in terms of dmg?

Cheers
BP
First, just ignore the part about it being magic damage. Just add that percentage to your off-weapon ED and calculate how much physical damage you'd do then.

Once you've calculated that, change all physical to magic damage.

IOW, all else being equal, if you had a +X% concentrate (for example) and a +X% berserk, they'd be doing the same damage, except that the berserk doesn't deal any physical damage; any damage that would have been physical is instead magic.
Quote:...they'd be doing the same damage

Except that more monsters resist physical than magic. But if you get them amplified/decripified, you can lower their physical resistance, so it is still a trade off. But if you are a Barbarian soloing, then Amp isn't always able to be gotten. :blink:
Thanks a lot for the kindly replies.

Obi2, lower the physical resistance, how can I do? By other kind of cries, such as Taunt or Battle Cry?

Cheers
BP
Only amplify damage and decrepify can lower physical resistance.
adeyke,Feb 23 2004, 03:54 AM Wrote:Only amplify damage and decrepify can lower physical resistance.
Hi adeyke

What decrepify means? I have no idea, please help.

Cheers
BP
Decrepify is a necromancer curse that reduces the targets' physical resistance resistance, slows them and reduces the damage they deal.
adeyke,Feb 23 2004, 07:12 AM Wrote:Decrepify is a necromancer curse that reduces the targets' physical resistance resistance, slows them and reduces the damage they deal.
Thanks a lot.

Cheers
BP