In Game Problems
Hail All Lurkers,

I am experiencing a problem that I have no encountered before. I have installed D2 on a 590~ mhz computer running XP and have a cable internet connection. Its performance is not bad, its just that it gets really laggy whenever in super battle like when I was doing the Throne of Destruction in an 8 player game. It seemed like a internect connection problem, but when i checked my internet connection, it was perfectly fine. I had heard of some sort of D2 accelerator from way back but never bothered to download it as I was running D2 on a much better machine. So, my question is that, is there a way to degrade the graphics somehow or does anyone have the D2 accelerator?

Thanks for any help provided and taking the time and trying to help me.
Hi Ultimate_Power,

Here's D2 Accelerator

You may also want to run the game in DirectDraw instead of Direct3D, much better performance with only sightly toned down graphics.
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
How does one change the settings for that?

Also, thank you so much for posting that.
Ultimate_Power,Feb 22 2004, 08:30 PM Wrote:How does one change the settings for that?

Also, thank you so much for posting that.
There's a file called d2vidtst.exe in the Diablo II folder, the same place where the Diablo II.exe and Game.exe files are located. Run that and you can change the video options for the game.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Ahhh, thanks a lot. I have gotten my graphic lag issues down, but once in a while it still does, are ther any more ways to get it a little more downgraded? I have already turned off many of the option under the video options when in game.

Thanks for all the help.
Jedi Knight,Feb 22 2004, 04:16 AM Wrote:Hi Ultimate_Power,

Here's D2 Accelerator

You may also want to run the game in DirectDraw instead of Direct3D, much better performance with only sightly toned down graphics.
I thought it didn't work for 1.10. Has it been updated?

(The page you linked to suggests it only supports 1.09
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:I thought it didn't work for 1.10. Has it been updated?

(The page you linked to suggests it only supports 1.09

The readme says it works for 1.09 but does not mention 1.10. I'll test the mod tonight to see if it works.

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
I tried testing it but when I ran it, I could not even join a game. Might not be casued by the D2 accelerator, but I dont know.
Ultimate_Power,Feb 23 2004, 02:33 AM Wrote:Ahhh, thanks a lot.  I have gotten my graphic lag issues down, but once in a while it still does, are ther any more ways to get it a little more downgraded? I have already turned off many of the option under the video options when in game.
Don't bother downgrading light effect quality and stuff, it hardly affects D2's performance, unless you're playing on an ancient computer, ancient being <300 mhz. One thing which might help your performance is using the mini-map instead of the fullscreen map; you can enable the minimap in the map options menu.
Oh, ok. Sounds pretty promising. Of course I will need to get used to it of course. Also, has anyone figured if the D2 Accelerator works for 1.10 or not yet?
Doesn't work for me :(

Anyone else ?

Wish it did for me, sigh. For some reason though, my cousin's cousin has an even slower computer that he claims can run D2 on perfectly. I think I must figure out how his setup is.