D2 Classic come back
Good morning,

I was wondering about how classic is working right now in 1.10. In others words, what has changed since the 1.10 patch is out.
Do anyone of you know if there is a list like the one "differences between 1.10s and 1.10"?
Otherwise I have some questions concerning characters conversion between LOD and D2C:
  • 1 - Characters convert from D2C to LOD. Do their item follow the same path, it seems true... just need return on experience
    <>
  • 2 - Are there the same retrictions in act2 and act3 in order to advance to the next act? I mean (viper quest done in order to go to arcane, summoner death watch in order to tp to duriel chamber, council death watch in order to tp to Mephisto's room) or not? or different restrictions?
    <>
  • 3 - Are there some level restrictions in order to change difficulty? (like in D1 days)
    <>
  • 4 - Is there the same experience penalties?
    <>
  • 5 - Are the mlvl area the same in D2C than in LOD?
    <>
  • 6 - Is there a way to avoid having his mercenary killed when changing act?
    <>
  • 7 - If D2C is played in 800x600, then have the monsters the same awareness distance or do they keep the same than what it was in 640x480?
    <>
  • 8 - Does static field still work as it used to be: can kill with its 1 pt min damage?
    <>
  • 9 - Does static field still break in nightmare and hell the 33% et 50% respectively hp barrier?<>
    [st]
    Thanks in advance for all your insight,

Have a good week end,

BOB2

Side note: I already read the topic concerning rares armors/jewelry and unique ring spawning :)
    EDIT1: typo and spelling correction
    EDIT2: question numbering
Hey Bob2,

I have been playing D2C a bit in 1.10, and unfortunately I can only answer a couple of your questions, as I have only have a necromancer in hell, and a 25th level melee enchantress. So, here are the answers I can give.

Quote:Characters convert from D2C to LOD. Do their item follow the same path, it seems true... just need return on experience
This was the first thing I tested when considering D2C play for good resistance rares. Yes, the items do get converted, even from D2C ladder to LOD ladder.

Quote:Are there some level restrictions in order to change difficulty? (like in D1 days)
No, and I have a level 1 mule in nightmare to prove it. You just need to complete the quests, which can be done even if you stand in town, as long as the person doing the quest has not completed it already.

Quote:Is there a way to avoid having his mercenary killed when changing act?
Nope. You CAN keep them between games, as long as you don't change acts. This actually allows you to take an act 1 rogue merc from hell difficulty into normal or nightmare, but since it always moves you to act 1 when you enter a new difficulty, you cannot take an act 2 or 3 merc into another difficulty. :(

Hopefully someone will answer your other questions, I am interested in them too.
Hi BOB2,

Quote:Is there the same experience penalties?

Yes, 5% in NM and 10% in Hell. Not sure, however, if it gives you back experience when you retrieve your corpse.

Quote:Are the mlvl area the same in D2C than in LOD?

Probably not. Since LoD has 5 acts, they had to change mlvls to fit this. (IIRC, a Blood Moor zombie is lvl26 in D2C and lvl34 in LoD).

Quote:If D2C is played in 800x600, then have the monsters the same awareness distance or do they keep the same than what it was in 640x480?

Well, I know there is a way for D2C to be played in 800x600. I don't remember if awareness is affected by that, though.

Hope this helps :D
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
Good morning,

First thanks for your first answer
Actually, D2C is playable in 800x600 if LOD is installed, otherwise a trick has to be used. I f you like and need so, I do believe I still have the link.

Have a good day,
going a bit OT here:

Bob, are you playing D2 classic in softcore on Europe? if so, would you want a mana leech/ fireresist ring and a level 1 frostburn? for free of course. I do no longer need my classic char to hc enable new accounts in 1.10 :)
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining, or testing your
code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
jhartelt,Feb 23 2004, 05:03 PM Wrote:going a bit OT here:

Bob, are you playing D2 classic in softcore on Europe? if so, would you want a mana leech/ fireresist ring and a level 1 frostburn? for free of course. I do no longer need my classic char to hc enable new accounts in 1.10 :)
Good early morning,

I would greatly appreciate. Thanks a lot. I will send you a pm to give you my account.

See you soon

BOB2
hey its nice to see more ppl playing d2c again
-Tempus-
Only play PoE now.
Quote:If D2C is played in 800x600, then have the monsters the same awareness distance or do they keep the same than what it was in 640x480?

All monsters have their own radius of awareness, no matter what your setting is.