Diablo XP
Goodday Lads,

Anyone already knows when DiabloXP shows up ?? I'm looking forward to meeting him :D.

I know it's got something to do with that SoJ's sold to merchants, I've had that a few times but never Diablo Walks The Earth. Anyone else knows more about this ?
Did you try using the search for 'diablo clone'? I belive I saw a topic(or maybe it was a post?) about this earlier.

-Nantuko_primus
[Image: KenyaSig.png]

[wcip Wrote:Angel,Jul 2 2004, 11:19 AM]
unrealshadow13,Jul 2 2004, 11:02 AM Wrote:I find that a sorceress serves me better when doing MF runs. I have yet to find a useful niche for werewolves... They are a slow killer (imo) and my old werewolf always got owned in pvp.
Does that mean someone else owns your werewolf? How is that possible? He's on *your* account, isn't he?
I know a lot about it.

DXP is spawned when an arbitrary number of SoJ's are sold since the last DXP event. It's usually around 100, i've found. That, or it's some sort of very small percentage chance for every SoJ sold.

Wait, back up.. let me start again.

A realm is a cluster of servers with distinct ip addresses. When you create a game on a realm, it could be hosted on any one of those servers. Your game joins a pool of games being hosted by that server process.

When someone sells a SoJ, that server process increments its SoJ counter by one and (with caveats) echoes that sale message to all games attached to it.

This means everyone attached to the same server process as you recieves SoJ messages. When DXP is triggered, everyone attached to the same server process as you has a DXP event. When DXP spawns, the SoJ counter is not reset, but the arbitrary 'number of sales required / percentage chance of spawning' DC is.

So basically, getting a DXP is all about two things:

1) Getting lucky and finding yourself on the same server as a seller
2) The seller striking the "lucky SoJ"

Oftimes you can get lucky, but the seller gets bored, their game crashes, or s/he runs out of SoJ before triggering the clone. This is what has been happening to you.

Caveats:

- if the seller sells too fast, the SoJ counter jumps. Each individual SoJ sold is counted, but the counter only displays for every 10 or more. This is probably a really obvious means of flood control.

- the SoJ sold that generates DXP displays no message. It's simply Diablo Walks The Earth.

Combining the two caveats we see that it is possible for you to jump on a server and have DXP walk without ever seeing a message. A fast seller plus a lucky SoJ sale is all that's needed.

There are irc channels devoted to tracking down servers with sellers on them and informing people which server they should get on to to have a shot at a DXP spawn (it's never a certain thing, see reason 2 above).

How do you control what server you're on? You don't. You simply create games, over and over, until you are randomly given the server you want. The way you tell is by matching your server ip address with that of the person in a game with reported sales.
Question 1 : What is Ceavats?

Question 2 : Would it work if you Sell a SoJ to a merchant, and after that REBUY it ?

Question 3 : Does open Battle.net also work with it ? or only ladder/non-ladder, because there WERE many SoJ dupes in 1.09. How other would they get all those SoJ's?..

thanks ahead
1) Caveat = "... but ...." - you know, small points and "maybes" that you have to keep in mind. I forget the exact definition, I just like using odd words.

2) The SoJ vanishes, so no.

3) Open b.net games are hosted on your PC, so no. BUT, all ladder/non-ladder/hc games are hosted on the same server process (even though they can't see or join eachother's games). Everyone ladder/non-ladder/hc on the server when the lucky SoJ is hit gets a clone.

I've heard rumors of a SoJ dupe in 1.10. I've also noticed that selling is WAY down, so I suspect that the dupe is a bunch of lies and the incredibly insane amount of duped SoJ from 1.09 is finally running out.
ow so......Annilus charms will go rare ? EXTREMELY rare ?
Another important tidbit folks leave out: You will see the SOJ sold message on every game on that server, regardless of the difficultly mode.

However, DiabloClone will ONLY walk the earth in Hell mode games, he will not appear in Normal or Nightmare mode.

Cheers!
If the number is really 100, that would mean that there have only been around 42 DXPP spawns. :o Unless of course you mean it a different way, which I can also see, but then why are the SoJ messages the same even if you leave and rejoin and such? Wouldn't there be some differences in some of these "clusters"?

Also, maybe the SoJ selling doesn't really trigger him? Hence the reason that you don't see a message when he spawns.
Quote:DXP is spawned when an arbitrary number of SoJ's are sold since the last DXP event. It's usually around 100, i've found.

Considering I just saw the counter hit 2317 an hour or so ago, I'm a bit wary about that number.
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who
The SoJ counter's not reset after a spawn event, only the mystical "internal counter". I refer to it as mystical because it's pure theory on my part.

The reason I arrived at the figure of 100 is that on certain other forums, in addition to organizing the selling of SoJ, they record the last seen counter before he walks. I've joined the SAME server ip later in the day, when someone had returned to sell there, and he walked roughly 100 SoJ after the last recorded counter from the previous spawn event.

I'm sure you can't have two DC events in the same game; you have to somehow create a new game on the same IP if the seller keeps on going for some wierd reason. Usually they don't.

I know for a FACT that the same IP has popped twice in the same day.

The only other theory I have to explain SoJ's spawning the clone is that there's an extremely small chance per SoJ (eg 0.000001%). But given the sheer amount of clone games i've been in, I think he would have spawned sooner in many situations even at a very low chance.

I've yet to be in a game where it took more than 100 SoJ. But I have friends who claim it has. That would nail the first idea pretty good.
I've been in a IRC channel where they explained me how it worked and how to find the server where i need to be, there calculating about 80-120 soj's since last world event, he can come sooner or latter
Ah, we've probably been in the same irc channel.
The technical explaination is when the last 3 digits of the SOJ counter exactly match the last 3 digits of the IP address of your server group, and you are in a Hell Realm game, you will get the DiabloXP spawn.

Thus, the sudden fascination with the NETSTAT command.
Okay, that totally doesn't explain how the clone spawns on any soj count greater than 255, 1255, 2255, etc.
Yea r00 its kinda Crap what you are saying.

From my experience in last few days, DCXP spawn when a amount of (mostly) 80-120 Soj's sold to merchant, I've even sold a few myself and saw the counter go up, when at 80 soj's theres a minimum chance that hell come, at 120 he always comes if im correct. Missed him each time though...connection interrupted messages :'(
Raziel,Feb 20 2004, 01:30 PM Wrote:Okay, that totally doesn't explain how the clone spawns on any soj count greater than 255, 1255, 2255, etc.
Haha, I forgot you cannot count to 2878 in binary.

Somebody is thinking in Base 10 here. Perhaps could it be that computers and DiabloXP counters work in Base 2?