Sick. Just SICK.
I myself would stick to a .45 ACP revolver. All the brutality of a Colt 1911, but without that pesky little trifle of being an auto. I don't trust any gun whose barrel detaches from the frame during the cycle.

As to my own "R" in home defense, I've come to find that a Reitschwert (my very own KSoH, +174 Damage, +95 ToHit%) doesn't lend itself too well to home defense. Probably due in no small part to the fact that I have all the reach of an Oompah-Loompah (precisely why I can't box) and drawing the blade from the scabbard is a lengthy chore. May have to settle for a dagger. Probably a swordbreaker main gauche, just for the intimidation factor.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:If it were possible, I would want this gun to bear my children.

"Paging Mr Heston, Mr Charlton Heston, I believe your successor has been found!"
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
**Blows raspberries at Occhi**

Occhi... It's a .500 calibre handgun. You can blast holes in tanks or blow big gaping chunks out of most conventional armor. Just look at one of the rounds of ammo... The shell DWARFS a .44 shell. It is the most perfect handgun ever made, a thing of endless beauty, power, and, well, hell, I dunno. I have never, in all my years, EVER seen a finer handgun. No matter what you are hunting, bears, elk, moose, terrorists, tanks, buicks, or what have you, this gun WILL drop most anything. You may laugh... but when I very first bought the Cannon and fired it, I nearly blew a load in my pants. Just about every single goat, chicken, horse, and critter in the yard all crapped at once from the deafening roar and echo. IIRC, the bullet travels at like 2.5 times the speed of sound or something like that. It produces one hell of a sonic boom. And the damn thing is HUGE. It's as big as most folks arm. I am in love. My wife is jealous.

And Heston is a Sissified Nancy Boy. He favours the wussy 9mm round.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:Voting went sour a long time ago...

Fine, then start your own revolution. See how far you can go.. You'll rapidly discover that the saying "One Man Can Make A Difference" is nothing but a TV commercial designed to make you feel important. (Same thing with guns and cars, by the way.)

As long as people are uneducated, they won't know what a Democracy is and, more importantly, what interests political parties stand up for. As long as they remain ignorant, they'll keep putting a cross in the slot of the most retarded US president ever: G.W. Bush.

You can only fight injustices through education. But, surprise, surprise, education isn't the cheif concern of the Republican party. Not it will ever be...
Voting is fine and dandy, for those that feel better for doing it. I rather like taking a more active hand in the process. I am an old hand at Southern Politics, and, know how to make the system work. Blackmail. Bribes. Arm Twisting. Threats. The illusion of Democracy is powerful, most of the inner workings are illusion as well. Deep down in the black heart, there is only one thing that really matters. The Golden Rule. He who has the gold makes the rules. Money controls interests, not voters or political parties. Almost all of the presidents in the modern age have been Skull and Bones men. If you don't know, don't bother asking. Continue voting, bleating, eating your grass, and chewing your cud. I am but a very small bit player in this game, but, I have been behind the curtain. I have just enough money, influence, and power to cause some changes to a very small and useless chunk of the world around me. In the end, it's a drop of spit in the ocean, but it has been nice to have worked up enough of the right stuff to play the game.

To call America a Democracy is fair. But to call America the ultimate in capitalistic ventures is more accurate. Anything and everything is for sale here. Anybody that tells you otherwise, well, they have something to sell too.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Boys and their toys ! :P
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Boys and their fatal weapons more like :)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
And while we are at it: yesterday, about 9,000,000 law abiding gun owners did not kill anyone. I suspect that a few criminals did. :D
In Memory of Pete
DeeBye,Feb 10 2004, 06:35 AM Wrote:There are assholes in every country of the world.  Canada is no exception.
Quote:There are assholes in every country of the world.  Canada is no exception.

The problem is when the assholes work for the government and the government tells you that what they do is completely legal. That is called a police state.

What a sick story indeed.
"Doc, this thread is a good troll, and well done ..."

Maybe you should take a look at the following threads too, if you are looking for those.

"Maybe Islam _is_ the Problem"
"What You Don't Read in the Papers"

These are just examples, ofcourse.
I make no pretensions about purity, note my comment regarding "I have that t-shirt too."

Or did you not get that point?

EDIT: Blasted control Key, I was editing title when I hit it and the post posted. After the initial up yours response worked its way through my system, I figured that "And your point is?" would be a better title.

Bah, stinking ctrl key. :angry:
In Memory of Pete
Zenda,Feb 13 2004, 01:37 PM Wrote:"Doc, this thread is a good troll, and well done ..."

Maybe you should take a look at the following threads too, if you are looking for those.

Quote:"Doc, this thread is a good troll, and well done ..."

I have a short question. I'm not so in to internet language, so I wanted to ask what is meant with "this thread is a good troll?".

eppie
To troll is to post a topic explicitly designed to evoke an emotional or heated response. I comes from a term in fishing, trolling, where you just hang the bait over the side of the boat, and slowly motor down the stream, waiting to see what bites on your bait. :)
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Feb 13 2004, 06:56 AM Wrote:EDIT:  Blasted control Key, I was editing title when I hit it and the post posted.  After the initial up yours response worked its way through my system, I figured that "And your point is?" would be a better title.

Bah, stinking ctrl key.  :angry:
Oh ... OK ...

NB :lol:
Sense and courtesy are never common
Don't try to have the last word. You might get it. - Lazarus Long
Up yours?

Would you please explain what you exactly mean by that? Or should I look for a site admin who takes his or her responsibility more seriously?
After reading Occhi's edit, it sounds like he reconsidered before he hit "post", but misclicked and posted with his original title. Since you can't chance individual post titles, it was stuck with it.

While the"up yours" title is certainly extreme, it seems reasonable to give people the benefit of the doubt when they try to retract something.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Hello Griselda,

I don't see what misclicking has to do with this. Why did he have to use the title in the first place? Imagine a murderer claiming he is innocent, because reviving his victims was not in his power.

Normally, I wouldn't care about such titles. You can't expect adult behaviour from all posters all the time. But from a site admin, I won't accept this.
Quote:EDIT: Blasted control Key, I was editing title when I hit it and the post posted. After the initial up yours response worked its way through my system, I figured that "And your point is?" would be a better title.

Bah, stinking ctrl key. 

Did you miss this part? I only every saw his post with this caveat. He reconsidered his initial "from the hip retort", but was unable to suck it back in after the initial post. The pot, the kettle, black. Yes. We are all human and anyone can lead off with the wrong foot at times. :) You might consider PM if you are still insisting on your pound of flesh.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

With all due respect, and without having laid eyes on Occhi, he is human. Yes his initial response was not very courteous, but he does appear to have made an effort to change it, albeit one that was negated by an error with the forum's software. I, for one, would prefer to give someone the benefit of the doubt and take his explanation at face value. But, as they say, YMMV. ;)
*Slaps everyone* Ok, let's get moving. There are no superhumans here, although obviously you have a right to be offended. Of course, you have to realize these titles can't be edited. (He made note of that) If I couldn't edit my posts... :unsure: Consider it a knee-jerk reaction. Don't take it that seriously. But once again take it for what it is.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)