All my posts are gone :p
Hi,

A few days ago I, like many others, received 2 spam PM's in two days with a link to a certain russian website. The first PM was sent by user Kirkurial and a day later, I got a similar one from user Mignulikz.

Upon receiving the first message, I sent a PM to the forum mods of Griswold's Shop (Lemming, Tal, Mavfin and Bolty), because I saw that user Kirkurial had also made a spam post in the D1 meet'n'greet thread. Note that I forwarded this PM 3 times, because it seems the forum software does not allow for putting users in Carbon Copy.

I never got a reply from the mods, but when I logged in the next day I saw that user Kirkurial was banned and that his post from the D1 meet'n'greet thread had been removed. I had received a new spam PM from user Mignulikz, but I saw that he was banned already also.

So I thought all was well, until ...

Today, when I noticed that all my posts have been removed.:P

I suspect a moderator was on the Kirkurial/Mignulikz case and he or she pushed a button too many, or maybe my forwarding of the PM to the mods was considered spam as well. :rolleyes:

Thanks for any assistance !

Cheers,
Ronny/Gil.
Quote:Hi,

A few days ago I, like many others, received 2 spam PM's in two days with a link to a certain russian website. The first PM was sent by user Kirkurial and a day later, I got a similar one from user Mignulikz.

Upon receiving the first message, I sent a PM to the forum mods of Griswold's Shop (Lemming, Tal, Mavfin and Bolty), because I saw that user Kirkurial had also made a spam post in the D1 meet'n'greet thread. Note that I forwarded this PM 3 times, because it seems the forum software does not allow for putting users in Carbon Copy.

I never got a reply from the mods, but when I logged in the next day I saw that user Kirkurial was banned and that his post from the D1 meet'n'greet thread had been removed. I had received a new spam PM from user Mignulikz, but I saw that he was banned already also.

So I thought all was well, until ...

Today, when I noticed that all my posts have been removed.:P

I suspect a moderator was on the Kirkurial/Mignulikz case and he or she pushed a button too many, or maybe my forwarding of the PM to the mods was considered spam as well. :rolleyes:

Thanks for any assistance !

Cheers,
Ronny/Gil.

No deletion from this mod. =)
Hey Gillias. Abou how many posts are we talking about here? I see you're a long-time member, so this is pretty worrisome. :(

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Hey Bolty,

My total post count was very modest I think : no more than double-digit figures. I've always been more of a lurker than a poster.

I hope you can find out what happened !

Cheers,
Gil.
Quote:Hey Bolty,

My total post count was very modest I think : no more than double-digit figures. I've always been more of a lurker than a poster.

I hope you can find out what happened !

Cheers,
Gil.

Yeah, I totally goofed, and thought I PMed you/Bolty about it. I've been busy with a funeral/split of assets between me and my siblings lately, so I guess it got lost in the shuffle. I'm very sorry, Gil. I read your PM about the spammer, and then used the wrong name. Went through the usual routine, and when it came up to ban you, I went "Huh? He's been here a while. That's not usual for a spammer." Then I realized the error, and got the right person banned, but I then got interrupted by a phone call and never got back to it. :(

Again, I'm very sorry about that. I don't know if there's a way to put stuff back. I suspect there isn't, but Bolty knows more than I. :(
--Mav
Quote:I don't know if there's a way to put stuff back. I suspect there isn't, but Bolty knows more than I. :(
I'd have to dig through database backups. If it's not a tremendous deal to Gillias, it's okay.

-Bolty

OMG, Moderator on a power trip! Bolty, do something!
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Mavfin : everyone can make a mistake. I understand you had a lot on your mind. Thanks for the explanation of what happened.

Bolty : I'd like my posts restored. But do so at your convenience, there's no rush.

Thanks all !

Cheers,
Ronny/Gil.