How to clean a car CD player
How does one go about cleaning a car CD player? Is there a kit I can purchase someplace, or a chain that will help me clean it or clean it themselves? Ziggy's CD player won't play if I'm driving over 55mph for more than about an hour or so, yet I can remember I time when I first got the car (remember my jubliant post?) and first drove it back to school and the CD player worked fine. Can anyone lend me any answers to my conundrum?
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Have you tried the Kensington Drive Guardian kit?

NB :rolleyes:
Sense and courtesy are never common
Don't try to have the last word. You might get it. - Lazarus Long
I haven't tried that one in particular, NB, but I do own a CD drive cleaner for my CD-ROM drive and CD boombox and portable CD player. The problem with that cleaning disk is that it has a brush that stands out from the disk itself. The CD player in my car has a slot just big enough to accept a CD, and I'm afraid that a brush like that would break off.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
I have a kit (no idea where I got it from) that has a brush for cleaning the CD laser head doohickies ( :unsure: ). There's just a few little tiny brushes that stick out the bottom of the disc. I've used it in the slot-type CD drives with no issues. See if you can find one like it.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Count Duckula,Feb 5 2004, 11:09 AM Wrote:I haven't tried that one in particular, NB, but I do own a CD drive cleaner for my CD-ROM drive and CD boombox and portable CD player. The problem with that cleaning disk is that it has a brush that stands out from the disk itself. The CD player in my car has a slot just big enough to accept a CD, and I'm afraid that a brush like that would break off.
Hmm, I see.

Maybe check with a car stereo business, locally, and see what they reccomend.

Gotta have tunes in the ride!

NB :rolleyes:
Sense and courtesy are never common
Don't try to have the last word. You might get it. - Lazarus Long