Concentrate Barb
I made a Conc Barb... approximately as follows (at clvl 74)

20 Conc
20 Sword Mastery
20 BO
8 Shout
Few in Resists and IronSkin.

Using a Lightsabre with a Skull in it, Gorerider boots (for the crushing/deadly hits etc..). I'm doing about 800-1250 total damage. This isn't seeming exactly a lot, plus with it being a single swipe at a single enemy, it can take a while to mash your way thru things. I knew when I signed up for this Conc barb that it wasnt going to be a speed killer, but it is a bit slower than I imagined.

(admittedly, it is nearly impossible for me to die in NM, but I did die in the Den in hell)

What have I done wrong? I pondered putting a few points into Bash to get the 5% damage bonus on Conc, but it hardly seems worth it at this late stage.

Ideas?
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
This is mostly a physical damage build.
If possible, I'd recommend a sword with more physical damage then Lightsabre. I guess it's up to you to decide if the speed of Lightsabre is worth the slightly lower damage.

I've never used Concentrate, so I'm not sure how good it can be.

The damage should be something like:

damage = sword_damage * ( str_bonus + conc_bonus + bo_bonus + other_bonus)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of the Concentrate Barb supposed to be that you have insane defense, but relatively limited offense?
rwbatema,Feb 2 2004, 04:54 PM Wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of the Concentrate Barb supposed to be that you have insane defense, but relatively limited offense?
I knew it wasn't gonna shine in the offence department when I signed up for it. But I didnt expect it to take about 5 hits to kill a venomlord in NM at clvl 70+. Multiply that by 20 VenomLords surrounding you and thats time to make a cup of tea and roll a smoke. :)
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
I've built what is basically the same character, except I'm using a Ribcracker and have maxed Mace Mastery. It seems to be working quite well in Act 2 Hell at level 74, so I'm led to think that the suggestion to try another weapon might be a good one.

-DarkCrown
DarkCrown,Feb 2 2004, 09:07 PM Wrote:I've built  what is basically the same character, except I'm using a Ribcracker and have maxed Mace Mastery. It seems to be working quite well in Act 2 Hell at level 74, so I'm led to think that the suggestion to try another weapon might be a good one.

-DarkCrown
no shield? where your resitsances come from?

im scared of not using a shield, as i'm poor and i cant afforc "l337" equipment.. best i have is a perf diamond stuck in my shield.

p.s. forgive my shottdy typin..im quite drunk... mmMMmm as allways

i think im deleting this baarb tonight once iv e mulesd the stuff out of it... its really p*ssed me off how bad it is
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
The Ribcracker has a 100% enhanced defense... as this is on a weapon, not armor, it gives a massive increase. Resistances (at least some) would come from natural resist)
At the end of the day, for a Concentration barb, monsters will have only 5% chance to hit you but that only include physical attack. Magic damage will still by pass your defense and hit you, and that is also something that shield cannot block. So there is really no point in using shield with such high defense.

If you can obtain the IK set, that will be the best thing you can wear. An all rounder with huge defense, resist, +skills, IAS, awesome elemental damage, top range physical damage, CB, dual leech, PDR, and lot of sockets for you to use. Almost like an armour specifically built for Concentration barb.

Ditch the shield and light sabre and use some heavy dual hand weapon, with such high defense and HPs you can really take some beating.
Put a point into Natural Resists so that a + masteries or + barb skills can help there.

Don't forget a point in Berserk for Physical Immunes.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete