Sound "glitch"
I've got a problem where when I play D2 for X amount of time (it's pretty variable), the sound effects get about 1 second startup then just die, and about 10 seconds after this all starts, I get a high-pitched whine pouring forth from my speakers, which is not very fun at all. I used to think it was casued by D2 and Winamp fighting over resources or something, but that this has happened even when Winamp was not running. Also, this has only happened while playing D2, so figured a D2 site might be as good as any to ask about this. I'm running LoD v1.10, with music turned off (not the -nosound flag, or whatever it is).
Try uninstalling then reinstalling if that doesn't work go here: http://www.battle.net/forums/board.aspx?Fo...ame=opensupport
I had the same thing happen occasionally when I had the Environmental Audio turned on. It seemed particularly prone to happen in certain areas (which I can't remember now, it was a while ago). See if the problem goes away if you disable environmental audio, or update your drivers.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Vei,Jan 30 2004, 07:57 AM Wrote:I've got a problem where when I play D2 for X amount of time (it's pretty variable), the sound effects get about 1 second startup then just die, and about 10 seconds after this all starts, I get a high-pitched whine pouring forth from my speakers, which is not very fun at all. I used to think it was casued by D2 and Winamp fighting over resources or something, but that this has happened even when Winamp was not running. Also, this has only happened while playing D2, so figured a D2 site might be as good as any to ask about this. I'm running LoD v1.10, with music turned off (not the -nosound flag, or whatever it is).
I always figured that sort of thing just happened when you played with a bad CD drive. Mine is terrible. How's yours?
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
My drive's fine as far as I know, but my LoD cd is almost inoperable thanks to my sister (that fat *expletive* decided one day that she'd just scratch it all to hell and back just because she was in a bad mood...it takes me about 5 tries to get the drive to read the disk, and the initial game load and between act loads each take about a minute of chugging and loud noises to get through).

As far as sound settings, I just set them all to about they lowest they can go, and that's seemed to work so far. Thanks.