Spamminess?
Greetings Lurkers,

I haven't been around in a dog's age but I figured I'd post about some suspicious activity in case the Powers That Be are interested.

I've gotten messages from two users in the last few days... Mignulikz and Kirkurial. Nothing in the message except for a spammy, fishy looking link. I'm guessing you've got some nasty hacking sorts playing games. I can forward the messages if necessary.

Gilmere... long retired GOTH of D1
Me too Gilmere. I have also gotten PM's from the two you mention. I think Kirkurial is already banned and I have reported Mignulikz today.

So you are unfortunately not alone in receiving these:(

Im getting these as well. Not been active on here for months so thought it was weird to be getting PMs. Links appear to go to a russian website. I have Pmed admin about them
"When tempest-tossed, embrace Chaos"
- The Book of Counted Sorrows
Quote:Greetings Lurkers,

I haven't been around in a dog's age but I figured I'd post about some suspicious activity in case the Powers That Be are interested.

I've gotten messages from two users in the last few days... Mignulikz and Kirkurial. Nothing in the message except for a spammy, fishy looking link. I'm guessing you've got some nasty hacking sorts playing games. I can forward the messages if necessary.

Same problems here, same users.
"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy!"

I also got the same PMs.
Signature? What do you mean?

same here as well. I'm sure there looking into it.
I got them as well (same senders). I guess it's an easy way to get access to peoples e-mails even if you don't know the actual e-mail address. Just send a PM and let the forum software do the job. :angry:
ditto.
Blocking zero post users from PMing would be nice.
Quote:ditto.
Blocking zero post users from PMing would be nice.

Both of these guys had 2-3 posts (the eeeeeeee kind though).

Bloody bot makers are getting too smart:(

I got the same thing, same 2 users.
Quote:Both of these guys had 2-3 posts (the eeeeeeee kind though).

Bloody bot makers are getting too smart:(

Pretty soon they will teach the bots to make threads on American politics, and then they will be virtually undetectable.

Edit: Yeah, I got those 2 PMs as well. I assumed they were sent to every registered user.
Quote:Edit: Yeah, I got those 2 PMs as well. I assumed they were sent to every registered user.

Except the Moderators.
Everyone received spam except for moderators.
This implies if you did not receive spam you are a moderator.
I did not receive spam.
Therefore I am a moderator.

Who´s your daddy now?

P.S. When do I start getting the big paychecks?

Quote:I assumed they were sent to every registered user...

Except the Moderators.
I too received no spam. I will take my title now:)

Shoju, Moderator of Cheese.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:I too received no spam. I will take my title now:)

Shoju, Moderator of Cheese.

I got none of that spam, which sucks, as I was a bit peckish.

All hungry like.

Maybe if the mater ate 'er, she'd not serve spam so often.

Damn that was nasty, given it's holy week among some sects ...

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
No spam here either.