Tri-Elemtal Sorc, Take two.
Kingslayer mele sorc.

max coldght/fire mastery
max enchant
max warmth

Even if fire immune you get relable returns from the AR%

spend dex to max block,
strength enough to use the upgraded guardian angel.

pump vit until you have something you can live with.

If it's not enough to take out PI/FI with decent speed (PHM is included) the Maybe I need to rethink some of those points into a cold spell? I've not yet faced the hellish regen.

Other build posiblities include an armor instead of some of that warmth, all i really need is enough to make me regen 4 faster then I can spend it at bace energy.

I realise I woln't be as powerful as a pure enchantress... but I will bennifit my parties....

Other conserns, +vengance avalable on anything other then weapons? Would +pal skills be a worthwhile slot, + combat skills effective?
What sword is recomended, 4 socket crystal from act 5 nightmare? I can't upgrade runewords, right?
What is the next breakpoint on vengance? And after that? Are eather of those easilly reached on the remaing eq slots?
Vengance dosen't leach, right? Or only on bace dammage? I think +hp regen would be a better path then regen still for vengance...

I've noted discussions of -resistance items, but most of those seem to be on weapons.

Anything you think I might have missed?

I am glad for the advice.
The wind has no destination.
I'd leave cold mastery for last. Looks interesting, keep us updated.
I would need a LOT of time to get my hands on the kingslayer first.
And I am not going to spend the runes without a little more recomendation into the build.

But if a madman can punch through sp act 1, I can atleast do act 1 with just eq...
my druid zookeeper is bacestats almost.
Well, I thought you were one of the new money :) Sorry about that.

The problem with the idea could be, that your weapon needs to be
  • fast to be able to hit frequently (and hit at all, instead of standing in hit recovery)
    <>
  • have high damage (so that you take advantage of your Vengeance)<>
    [st]
    This is rather problematic, since even with -10 base speed weapons you need 60% ias for 11 frame and 99% ias for 10 frame, as opposed to then 48% ias with a phase blade. Now if the arrerat summit was reachable at the moment, I'd be willing to calculate the optimal weapon for a vengeantress, but at the moment I do not have access to base weapon information thus I'll have to leave you with this.

About the build in general: I do not think that leaving the all-out enchant path is wise. I'd first build my enchantress along the normal line (btw: at lev 30 I put 1 point into each mastery with my enchantress and I have yet to regret this decision), and then max the lightning mastery. On the equipment I'd focus on +physical damage jewels (but you obviously can only do that if you have the sufficient ias to be fast enough... or if you were rich enough to burn a few IAS/+DAM jewels for an enchantress.
Caaroid,Jan 29 2004, 02:02 AM Wrote:Well, I thought you were one of the new money
I do wish i was neuvoriche...
as it is I don't even have enough knowledge to know where to hunt the runes, what to put it in, or how much strength I will need to use it.

I am certain that I do want to max out atleast coldght mastery, as those lower resistance, and improve vengance dirrectly.
I know I want max blocking, possibly with the much hearalded guardian angel upgrade (as if I knew where to hunt for one) as armor.

I know I am not good enough to manage without some additional assistance from one of the cold baced armor boosters....
And that I will need enchant in some form to be able to hit things at all.

Beyond that I suspect that if I don't spend something in warmth bace energy will not last long enough for large packs.

Can you leach with vengance?
Quote:Can you leach with vengance?

Yes and no. You can leach from the physical part of it, but other than that, Vengeance doesn't help you out on leaching (except the AR boost..)
As my str is liekly to not be the primary stat, i have a feeling that very little of my dammage is going to be leachable. So points into warmth to produce 4 mana faster then i can spend it in vengance is a must.

Anybody have thoughts on the +pal or +combat skill charm/ammy idea?
Quote: As my str is liekly to not be the primary stat
Then forget the Guardian Angel. The normal version requires 118 str, the elite one needs substantially more (consult adeyke's calculator for precicse data).
Quote:So points into warmth to produce 4 mana faster
And also to boost your enchant damage. Very useful, nearly mandatory.

I used a priests tower shield of blocking with my enchantress, and it did not raise my zeal level, so I am pretty sure you can forget that for vengeance. You need +skill adders (soj or Bul Kathos, etc.)
would + all skills add to vengance?
Nightwind,Jan 31 2004, 05:46 AM Wrote:would + all skills add to vengance?
Naughty Triceratops
so heavy on +skills, with regen more from +regen items then leach?

As it revsolves arround a runeword, i know this qualfies as a shoping list, rather then a real build. So less advie is aplicable, but.

The upgraded guardian angel is a high str requirement? I intend to be pumping vit as much as I can, but if I need a str score that's rather high... I'm not afraid to use it.
I'm thinking, instead of the guardian angel upgrade, if I instead spent more stats on dex to max blocking the normal way,
isn't there a dusk shroud, that improves elemental dammage, or descreases restsiances?

Or would I be better off with +1 to the masteries then the shroud could provide?
I thought about something like this but use glimmershred instead of kingslayer. A throwing weapon will have a higher level of survivability than melee. The whole build is contingent on masteries affecting elemental weapon damage.

Same skills as yours
max warmth
max enchant
max fire mastery
max light mastery
max cold mastery
1 static, tk teleport

glimmershred
razortail
hellmouth
rising sun
tiamat
ravenfrost x2
armor and helm socketed with as many fire and lightning facets as you can get your hands on
inventory full of elemental and poison damage charms

if gear and enchant provide enough AR get freeze merc with reaper
if not get aim merc with reaper

If I had a trainer ide knock one up single player just for kicks, the gear is too expensive to bother with in the realms
Step 2: Acquire and train a monkey. This step may take some time.
nice shpping list...
i too would love to be able to aford it
I would consider replacing Gimmershred with a rare bow doing elemental damage, as repairing throwing weapons is tedious. Possibly even a shaeled socketted bow could work, though one would loose a lot of elemental base damge.

To compare:

IAS: 5 shaels on bow = 100, 4-socketed ias-armor = 60, helm = 45.
Elemental damage: rare bow ~ 400, armor (via 4 facets) ~ 100 +%dam (enchant)+ lower resist effect, helm = 3/4 armor.

It appears that sacrificing potential elemental damage sources for IAS could be done either on armor or weapon without much difference.

I do not think that socketing 5 facets into a bow would be a good idea, since the effect of lowered resistance is getting less per facet the more you already have. For example, lowering 90% resistance down to 80% (2 facets) doubles the damage, while another 10% (down to 70%) only adds 1/3 to the damage. More facets get increasingly less efficient. Therefor an elemental damage bow should be better.

I´m going to look up some IAS breakpoints for sorceresses and start the Cube mod :)
Shred and Tiamat together average to more than 1k elemental damage. They are really the meat of the build. I don't know of any bow setup that would come anywhere near that.

If your goal is to mainly use enchant a really fast bow would probably make sense. I don't remember which one but there was one that let you shoot guided arrows.

Shreds have a 240 stack so they aren't much more annoying ammo wise than crossbow bolts...if you want to treat them like bolts keep a couple spares in your inventory.

As for the facets the armor and helm can be any darn thing. Maybe a higher rate of fire will average out to more damage over time than straight elemental damage.
isn't there a dusk shroud, that improves elemental dammage, or descreases restsiances?

Ormus' Robe gives up to 15% extra damage in each element and has +3 to one random sorc skill (other than masteries, hydra, and orb).

If you could find one with +3 enchant and 8-12% in fire and lightning then it will be worth it, but I think the +2 skills you can get from chains of honor would serve your cause better overall.
as I work on muling the pieces to use this...
I've picked up a few random drops here and there.

Hellcaster would still make it a useful weapon switch, as long as I focus on an enchant style path?

I know that I planed on avoiding high fire dammage, even with enchant doing most of the damage on non fire imunes...
but You have to admit, explosive bolts are a tempting advantage....
When the hellforge kindly dropped a Gul, my thoughts turned to Kingslayer for my druid. I made Kingslayer in a superior phase blade. My druid soon learned that he could not use vengeance in wereform (though he could get a six frame attack).

Having thought about which classes could best make use of the vengeance from Kingslayer, a sorceress seems most obvious. I will probably make a sorecess to use Kingslayer, as I enjoy melee sorceresses. My build, if I do it, will be a little different:

I plan to max all three masteries as soon as possible, putting some points into one or more of the cold armors. No enchant, no warmth. I may reconsider warmth if mana for vengeance really is a problem. I will try vulpine items first.

Of course I have nothing against enchant. My first ladder character maxed enchant and warmth and fire mastery. I plan to ask her to enchant her sister.

To complement Kingslayer I plan to use Medusa's Gaze. It does not seem practical to have dexterity high enough to obtain satisfactory blocking though, considering the strength requirement. She may end up a defiant. I have used a blessed aim mercenary before, and defiance should be interesting. Medusa's Gaze should be able to break any ordinary monster's fire resistance.

Too bad phase blades look so hideous.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
what's the useage of the medeusa's gaze shield?

masteries and an armor is 80 points, that's level 72 isn't it?

i was planning on maxing those, playing rather defencive, and taking an act 1 merc, as she also plays nice with defence.
though defiance is also a possilbity...

in theory ther are 27 points left even after you've maxed 4 things. As for how many of those will actually get used, I don't now.
I believe that putting points into enchant will help the mele sorc in the early levels, especially because it's, what, level 54 before I could use a kingslayer of any kind?

as warmth + enchant is 40 points, I know something has to give, and that's the hardest choise.

So, where's a good place to shop vulpine items? Or regions to work over for set or uniques with a +mana after kill with enough points?

I really do need some help figuring this out.