Global wrming and an ice age?
Maybe I won't move to Ireland...

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/environme...sp?story=484490

-- CH
Quote:If that happens, Britain and northern Europe are expected to switch abruptly to the climate of Labrador - which is on the same latitude - bringing a nightmare scenario where farmland turns to tundra and winter temperatures drop below -20C. The much-heralded cold snap predicted for the coming week would seem balmy by comparison.

But, you have to look at the positives as well. :) Cross country skiing, sleigh rides, snowball fights, and skating on the Thames. Here in Minnesota (44° 53' N 93° 13' W), where I live, we would usually have a cold snap of -17C to -25C in January. There were some nights I can remember when I was younger when it went below -42C. We don't have tundra, and we can farm from about mid May to October. The climatologists are predicting that our weather will become more moderate, with warmer winters. We are already seeing some wildlife move in that was more exclusively south of us (e.g. Opossums). Scandinavia on the other hand will be a pretty brutal place to live, if they can keep back the glaciers.

Edit: For reference Dublin is at 53° 22' N 6° 21' W, so similar to Goose Bay, Newfoundland 53° 19' N 60° 25' W
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Didn't I just read this? :lol:

Personally I think these "researchers" don't know anything. Every month someone comes out with a new theory of what will happen, and then later on we get the theory of "well, this didn't happen, but it was because of that, and now instead this new thing will happen!"

I dunno if that article will prove to be true, but it would be nice if one of these researchers finally pooled all the research together and came up with something conclusive and true. <_<
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
It's true! It's coming! I hear the disaster is imminent; in fact, it is scheduled for The Day After Tomorrow.
:P

[Image: TheDayAfterTomorrow-trailer_18.jpg]
Quark,Jan 27 2004, 09:58 PM Wrote:Didn't I just read this?&nbsp; :lol:
Yeah - I guess today is my day to be a rude, ettiquette-ignoring cross-poster. ;)

-- CH