So they announced beta signups for WoW.
*steps out of the shadows*

Signed up. You got my back for a little adventuring, Die?

*hides in plain sight*
See you in Town,
-Z
WarLocke,Jan 27 2004, 10:20 AM Wrote:... But do you own The Lost Vikings?

TLV = instant classic.  B)

There was another SNES-era Blizzard game (besides TLV 2)...  But I've forgotten what it was.  :(
Yupyup, or actually owned it... Sold my SNES away long time ago, along with it's games... And as someone already replied, the other game was Rock'N'Roll Racing, which I also had, and which was awesome game btw... Liked it much more than Lost Vikings. Only game I've missed so far was that shoot-em-up, which name I still can't remember... It was Blackthrone or something... I have heard it was quite good actually, although I don't know for what system it was for, but I do know it exists :P
Also for SNES, also by "Blizzard", also has been re-released for the GBA system.

BTW - Rock 'n' Roll Racing has been discontinued for the GBA, so get your copy fast. Blackthorne and Lost Vikings I believe have also been discontinued, but I am not certain. Unfortunately, most GBA titles are only out for a few months, if that, before they are discontinued. Way to make a profit, huh? :P
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Blackthorne was available as a PC title as well. I remember playing it on a "state of the art" 486DX33 with 32MB of RAM and a 500MB hard drive.

It was a fun platform shooter.

FYI, Lost Vikings and Blackthorne were also available on the Sega Genesis.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Well ... I signed up, but I'll bet that a 50+ female who's never played a Massively Multiplayer game isn't going to get too much attention. They say it's random. Do you think it really is? Can't imagine some poor snool having to pour over all those applications, so maybe ...

Luck of the Sabra?
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
My guess is that it is random within categories. They probably group people by age, computer power, experience with games, etc and then randomly choose a certain amount of people from those groups. That way people would still be randomly chosen, but it would also make sure that they get some people with certain key situations that blizzard wants to test. Of course this is just a complete guess and it could just be completely random. I like my way better though. : )
I'm with swirly on this one.

otherwise whats the point in even asking all of those questions in the first place.
Signatures suck