This is kinda... annoying
Was doing the hell Ancients with my hydra/orb sorceress. Took me almost an hour to reazile it was pointless to do this because I wasn't having any fun at all. Running around for 15 minutes throwing orbs at them, just to kill ONE, is kinda boring.

Tired of this, I stepped into some "kill ancients" game. A hammer paladin joined. He TRAHSED them in 5 seconds. Then he wanted to kill baal. (I guess he's the kind of player that "helps" people to steal their Baal quest drop.) He must have been using Enigma plus some map hack because it took him like 20 seconds to go from the Worldstone waypoint to the Throne room. Then he proceeded to trash the minions groups in 5 secs each.

And there I was, thinking to myself what the heck am I doing here. Took me like 30 hours to do hell (and not all of that was fun, mind you), and this guy just comes in and smashes everything in just 5 seconds?

Forget it. I'm sick of this. I think I'm off to do something else...
Question: Why are you going through Hell with this sorceress if not all of it is considered fun? Why don't you pick a build that IS fun, all the way through. Killing speed? Pchaw. What you need is some good, old-fashioned fun.
I find it so easy to convince myself that my enchantress is more fun to play than an enigma paladin.

Just think about it. He has blessed hammer on left click, aura forced on right click. To cast, has to press "SHIFT". To teleport, has to swich aura off. My goodness, the FINGER MUST BE KILLING HIM!

Btw: about "helping killing baal" I never really understood WHY people bother? You do not need that quest for ANYTHING but the DROPS. Even when we play with my friend, we avoid doing the quest together; that is, I bring on a character that already completed it, and he gets to keep his drop, then vice versa. Just look at the *(dont know the character class) that reached lev 99 first. He did not complete baal until lev 99! We're no longer cow-rushers (and even if we were, we'd still not need the Baal quest). Just do it solo. A dual-tree sorc with a semi-sensible (act 1 anyone) merc can do it with no problem.
whereagles,Jan 25 2004, 01:33 AM Wrote:Forget it. I'm sick of this. I think I'm off to do something else...
Here's a fun diversion: See how many different spell effect artifacts you can get on screen at any time. Bonus points for not lagging.

Otherwise... Eh, I rarely judge a fun game by pure killing speed. Judge yourself on style, damage caused, hit/miss ratio and general "now how cool is that?" Something I always do with my werewolf after massacaring a mob is to just stand still as the next approaches, with a smile on my face and a demeanour that just screams "okay, you guys are next."

Fun is not rushing from one end of the act to the other in an hour. Fun, sometimes, is making a point to slow down and slaughter every single £$&%er that so much as crosses your path. With style.

The cheetah, fastest land mammal, lives for on average ten years. The giant tortoise, which moves at approximately zero miles per hour lives for two hundred.

Stop and smell the roses, and if the scent is not to your satisfaction then hellspawn corpses make pretty good fertilizer.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I agree NiteFox. I'm totally starting a Poison Dagger Necro because I thought it'd be cool (and also hilarious).

I also want to start a Plauge Javelin Zon despite the fact that I've heard that PJ's not too good in hell. But who cares? I'll be able to make poison clouds like 2 screens big. And that's all that really matters =)
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Quote:Here's a fun diversion: See how many different spell effect artifacts you can get on screen at any time.  Bonus points for not lagging.

Was playing my Thorns/Smiter Backoff back in 1.09d, gave him bits and pieces of HitPower set and regular proc items. At any time, there was only a 5% chance(estimated) that each hit on him would NOT release a spell-effect(excluding Thorns)

Majority of them were level 4 Novas or level 3 Frost Novas. Hell, I wish they made the proc spells a little stronger(maybe level 10 Nova/Frost Nova/CB and req level 60?), and available on EVERY item slot. Heck, even a req clvl 1 "2% chance to cast slvl 1 Charged Bolt when struck" mod for every item would make me a happy camper.

My dream mod would be a "100% chance to cast slvl 1 Frost Nova when struck" affix. Imagine a Meat Shield™(Shockwave/Cyclone Armour Werebear, Thorns Paladin, Energy Shield Sorc, etc) character standing in the middle of a mob of monsters wearing all items with that affix.

Yes, I'm insane. Yes, I enjoy it. No, I don't want your drugs.(hmm, might be worth putting that in my signature!) B)
Well, maybe I'm burned out in this game then B)
whereagles,Jan 26 2004, 04:37 PM Wrote:Well, maybe I'm burned out in this game then B)
I find a 2-3 week vacation from it works wonders. Plus a new character. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
NiteFox,Jan 25 2004, 08:50 PM Wrote:The cheetah, fastest land mammal, lives for on average ten years.  The giant tortoise, which moves at approximately zero miles per hour lives for two hundred.
Have a kit-kat :D

I gotta admit, although my hammerdin will (once i get some decent equipment) be a killing machine... I've never had a character as much fun to play as my WolvDog, takes a little longer to mince through all of Baals Minions but it enjoy it more. Got a week off work all next week so I reckon I might build a Bear too as the WW was so much fun. Ignore the silly hammerdins and tell them they smell of poo :)
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Quote:Have a kit-kat

Volatile
Lycanthropes
Tremble
Heh, 'scuse me :D

Sorry, but those were all words my booze-battered brain couldn't understand :blink:
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Sometimes I get bored with Diablo. I just find something else to do. Morrowind is a great diversion. With 1.10 ladder I find myself wanting to try every character class. In 1.09 I had no interest in Druids, Paladins, or Assasins. Now I have one of each.

My current project, Goulag the polearm barb, just upgraded his Pierre Tombale Couant last night and no longer feels useless near a trapasin. <_<
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
whereagles,Jan 26 2004, 08:37 PM Wrote:Well, maybe I'm burned out in this game then B)
Play Civilization. It's about as diametrically opposed to DII as you can get and still kill people.

Play Warcraft III. It's by Blizzard (which is good at what it does), it's on Bnet, and it's fun.

Play Monopoly. Get yourself away from the computer.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
NiteFox,Jan 25 2004, 08:50 PM Wrote:The cheetah, fastest land mammal, lives for on average ten years.&nbsp; The giant tortoise, which moves at approximately zero miles per hour lives for two hundred.
Cool ! Now if I quit work and park my self in front of my monitor , think I can squeeze another 165 years out of my D2 disks ? :P
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
My Bone & Curse necro is finding Hell to be methodical and alot of slogging work (not fun), and only ghosts and gloams are slighty dangerous requiring something other than Bonewall or Boneprison and then Bonespear to death. I'm only finishing Act three, and I'm sooo glad to be out of the swamps of Kurast. I'm already dreading the Plains of Despair. I play with a friend who has overly dedicated himself to the Cold tree, so for too much of the time I seem to be wearing out my mousing finger and dashing around making sure my sometimes useless buddy is protected. We seem to be averaging about 2-3 hours an Act now, but the pace is slowing. Our conclusion is that we have more fun getting character to Hell, than through Hell. So we have resigned ourselves to some MF runs, trades, and crafting to improve our gear before we press on. We are seeing the price we non-power gamers pay for Blizzard's uber item cheese.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

NiteFox,Jan 25 2004, 08:50 PM Wrote:The cheetah, fastest land mammal, lives for on average ten years.&nbsp; The giant tortoise, which moves at approximately zero miles per hour lives for two hundred.
My physics teacher has a cheetah fetish. On every test, we were guaranteed to see at least one question asking something along the lines of "What is the fastest land animal on Earth?". If it was a multiple choice question, the possible answers would be "Cheetah" and several stupid answers, or "A. Cheetah B. Cheetah C. Cheetah D. All of the above". Supposedly, if you answered that question wrong, you automatically flunked; I don't know anybody who's tried it.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
kandrathe:

Ditto.
kandrathe,Jan 28 2004, 01:43 PM Wrote:Our conclusion is that we have more fun getting character to Hell, than through Hell.&nbsp; So we have resigned ourselves to some MF runs, trades, and crafting to improve our gear before we press on.&nbsp; We are seeing the price we non-power gamers pay for Blizzard's uber item cheese.
Yup. Which is where HC comes in. You get to play those 'fun' normal and nightmare levels a lot, and when you get to hell its stillan interesting side challenge because you haven't been there for a long time (or maybe I just suck :P )
I've had quite a bit of fun with Jackie-Chan-Assassan (that all rhymes...). All she does is kick, kick, kick, and throw down Lightning Sentries. I wear my Shadow Dancers w/ maxed BoS, Cat's Eye, Que-Hagen's Wisdom, Peasant Crown, and a couple of crappy rare claws. I am the "ub3rl33t" of "s00pur-f4zt k1ck-s1nnz w0h pwns u n00b". [Image: rolleyes_2.gif] Nah, I'm not very good, but it is a LOT of fun to play in a party with maxed Vigor and somebody who can actually kill things.[Image: icon_smile_blackeye.gif]

That was my feeble attempt at l33t speak.[Image: tsktsk.gif]

EDIT: My l33t sp33k suxx0rz!
DroopingCactus
Quote:Adeyke and people like him get tons of questions exactly like this one by people who're apparently too stupid to play without Maphack, too stupid to read the Help file that comes with the program, too stupid to turn off the socket protection when they're using Maphack, and too stupid to realize that they're stepping before the firing squad when asking questions like that in forums like this.
-AK404
Quote:...(or maybe I just suck&nbsp; )
Or, maybe Hell difficulty sucks. :D
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]