Big Rigs!
Look at this link: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/bigrigs...trr/review.html

I don't think I really have to say anything more.
See you in Town,
-Z
[Image: simplystunning.jpg]
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
You should read the user reviews... This really turned up the brightness for my day.
I actually considered purchasing this game. On the box, it reminded me of old truck-cargo shipping games. Drive here, drive there, pick up, unload. Those were simple, but fun in a mindless way. This game isn't it I guess.

Too bad. Simple cargo-shipping games with updated graphics and a few cheerleaders would've been nice.
Yes, nothing let's me unwind from my frenzied desk bound drudgery like popping in my favorite Big Rig game and taking on the persona of a person who gets to load heavy palletes of cargo for a couple of hours in the morning on the west coast, and then set out for the east coast on a 20 hour grueling mind numbing road trip, filled with truck stop hijinks, bad driving, bad weather, and hemoroids.

Hold me back!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Simple cargo-shipping games with updated graphics and a few cheerleaders would've been nice.

Drasca, while this may not be exactly what you're looking for, you may want to give it a try. Escape Velocity: Nova is a Mac shareware title that was recently 'ported to Windows. The graphics are pretty decent for a shareware title (remeniscent of Asteroids, complete with inertia), and you can play it as a free-wheeling Space Trucker a la Privateer if you want. B)

I've been playing it for the last few weeks, and have even cooked up a couple small mods/plugins for it. It's pretty neat.
Actually Warlocke, I've played that game series since its beginnings on the Mac. Its a damned good game recommendation for anyone. As for me, I've burned out years ago on that game =) I paid the shareware fee for that one too.

That game is exactly what I look for, but unlucky for you I've cheated you out of the satisfaction of discoverying it for me. Thanks Warlocke, I might check out what new plug-ins are available.
Quote:but unlucky for you I've cheated you out of the satisfaction of discoverying it for me

Dangit, I'm always late to the party! :(

Ah well, I'm enjoying it, and that's enough for me. :D

If you do decide to try Nova again (and are playing on Windows...), try my plugs: MissileRacks and SecondaryCPL. They're tiny (about 4kb in total) changes to the way some weapons work.
If I was an investor in that company I would look into hireing a lawyer. :lol:
I played Escape Velocity: Override when I was Mac'ing. My prime ride was an United Earth snub fighter fitted with the quest-reward cloak and the Zidigar space upgrade. Used the thing as a battle taxi, ferrying passengers in and out of hot zones for (comparatively) large sums of money. And yes, took out the Dreadnought with her, too. With a lot of help, of course. Had to jump in and out of the fight, resetting the battle, until I had a UE Carrier in the scrap alongside me, my merc fleet (Cresent Warships) and the attached UE Destroyer squadron. The entire task force still got killed off and it was down to me and the Dreaddie. Had to cloak and evade any Voinian Frigate that barged in on the fight, then would re-engage the Dreadnought when the Frig left. Eventualy knocked the big lug out.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.