About the picture I posted here
I made a reply and explained the reason. I am really sorry for the unpleasant phenomenon I brought to the Lurkers.

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...t=ST&f=2&t=2768
I don't think it's that big of a deal if the forum in question allows linking/leeching of images. In other cases it becomes a concern around here, because leeching someone else's image can seriously mess with them, and is seen as inappropriate. But that doesn't apply here (I think).

Now, starting a whole new thread to call attention to a post in another thread - I won't say you're out of line (I'm no moderator; Griselda or Bolty will say something if they feel the need to), but most of the people here are good about checking at least the first page of posts, so this one is probably a bit redundant.

I'm not trying to snap at you, Pansesus; just giving you a head's-up. ;)
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Actually I have never heard of such disgusting things like tubgirl before. It is against Chinese Internet Law, and any IPs/IDs that are being used to posted these things will be banned without any explaination. Really sorry again since I don't know these dirty pics at all.
You made a bigger one with a faux pas in the area of poor forum etiquette.

That thread is still open. There is no need to start a new topic on the topic you started, even though Dee Bye is correct regarding band width bandits.

If Bolty or another moderator had locked it, then the topic need no more comment by you other than to take it up with one of us Admins via an email or PM on this site. If you don't know how to PM, click on the person's name and select PM in the right column, then draft and send the PM like an email. Follow the bouncing ball. B)

Your posting this "new" topic is out of order. The post belonged in the thread you started with the Chinese link.

Please use nettiquette.

See the yellow links to rules and etiquette next to FAQ in the upper right of the page.

EDIT: My apologies for spelling errors.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Pansesus needs the heads up. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
WarLocke,Jan 21 2004, 12:21 AM Wrote:I don't think it's that big of a deal if the forum in question allows linking/leeching of images.  In other cases it becomes a concern around here, because leeching someone else's image can seriously mess with them, and is seen as inappropriate.  But that doesn't apply here (I think).

Now, starting a whole new thread to call attention to a post in another thread - I won't say you're out of line (I'm no moderator; Griselda or Bolty will say something if they feel the need to), but most of the people here are good about checking at least the first page of posts, so this one is probably a bit redundant.

I'm not trying to snap at you, Pansesus; just giving you a head's-up.  ;)
I fear that opening a new thread is some kind of custom in most Chinese forums if someone wants to apologize or make statement, even if the topic is not locked. I am new here and I will try to learn how to be a good poster. Thanks for the advice :lol:
Thanks for your explanation, Pansesus. The others are correct in that we usually try not to create new threads for things like this. But, I appreciate your openness to feedback, and understand that what's customary on one forum may be considered poor netiquette on another.

I am going to lock this thread now, though, simply because I think that there's not much more to say on the subject.

Oh, and welcome! :)

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete