BasinWear™!
Now that's more what I was going for. Thanks to the folks with skillz more 1337 than mine (DeeBye, LochnarITB).

As to Kartoffelsalat's suggestion of a two color print, I'd agree. I remember the four years in college where I was paying for screen printed shirts to show off my membership of the Syracuse University Marching Band trumpet section - one color $20-25, two colors $25-30, three colors $30-35, and that's "a piece" for a run of 35 shirts. A simple black outline on white background, or vice-versa would be adequate and unimposing (and could actually look more elegant if the circle is discarded, and you go with the overlapping L's by themselves).

Sorry Bolty but I was kind of going for that "retro lounge" look. However, if evil is what's needed then evil is to be provided. I might suggest a single layer of black with a marble finish with a bit of relief surrounding the L's, indicating a slight indent, and a navy or royal blue hair-weight etch line inset from the relief lines. I'm not describing this well, but I'm trying to pitch a black marble design to feel like a symbol on the wall of a family crypt.

Or I could just be full of bad ideas. Who knows...

edit: forgot to thank Ducky for picking up the first graphic for mass consumption. Thanks...
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Letters seem to be slanting the wrong way. Font choices abound, of course.

Don't need the circle, IMO, just the letters and an outline color.

Eyes looking to the reader's right in each "L" would be sorta neat.

Colors may need some more discussion, but two, maybe three, is the max. KISS principle, see my comments in re G B Packers and DallasCowboys logos.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Here are various LLs in italics. I could probably find the fonts again, if required. Just tell me which one(s) you like, and I'll dig them up. Note, these are all done in MS Paint, size 50 italicised fonts, red against black "shadow"

http://sliver_queen.tripod.com/images/lllogo.jpg

(Note to admins: Feel free to change this link if someone is kind enough to host it on their site, because Tripod would probably kill me for using site space for storage, no matter how temporary. And given the volume of traffic the Lounge gets, it might get ugly. :P)
Ranchoweb to the rescue!

[Image: possibilities.jpg]
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
1,3, and 5 meet KISS principle, are there more "cursivey: choices?
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jan 23 2004, 10:57 AM Wrote:Letters seem to be slanting the wrong way.  Font choices abound, of course.

Don't need the circle, IMO, just the letters and an outline color.

Eyes looking to the reader's right in each "L" would be sorta neat.

Colors may need some more discussion, but two, maybe three, is the max.  KISS principle,  see my comments in re G B Packers and DallasCowboys logos.
That was excellent feedback. I've toyed around with it some more, and came up with what I feel is a nice-looking logo.

Here are two versions. The difference is subtle. Colours can be discussed later.
[Image: LLlogo3.gif]
Nice! I like the second one better, with the overlap.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
DeeBye,Jan 24 2004, 04:21 AM Wrote:Here are two versions.  The difference is subtle.  Colours can be discussed later.
[Image: LLlogo3.gif]
I hope I'm not stepping on your toes DeeBye, but I made a subtle change to your second one as a third option. This slight change just feels a little more "open" to me, not quite so "tangled"?

[Image: LLlogo3_rev1.gif]

[edit] The more I look at it, the harder it is for me to decide which way I like it. Hmmm...
[edit2] And I probably should have shortened the foot of the lower L slightly to close the gap between the points a little. Oh man - such pressure - making suggestions on the identity of the Lounge, which will be seen by millions and millions of Lurkers world wide for decades to come! Isn't this what high powered New York ad agencies are for??? :P
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Jan 24 2004, 12:58 AM Wrote:I hope I'm not stepping on your toes DeeBye, but I made a subtle change to your second one as a third option.  This slight change just feels a little more "open" to me, not quite so "tangled"?

[Image: LLlogo3_rev1.gif]

[edit] The more I look at it, the harder it is for me to decide which way I like it.  Hmmm...
Don't worry about stepping on my toes. I like criticism :)

How about this one?
[Image: LLlogo4.gif]

Instead of "spreading it out", how about overlapping the letters a bit?
DeeBye,Jan 24 2004, 06:11 AM Wrote:How about this one?
[Image: LLlogo4.gif]

Instead of "spreading it out", how about overlapping the letters a bit?

**DING** **DING** **DING** **DING** **DING**
And we have a winner. Submit that sucker to the award people. Overlapping them slightly more, so the top overlapped too, works even nicer to differentiate the two L's. Both of the first gave me a swastika feel - not a look we want for a free discussion society such as the Lurker Lounge.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Here it is with some colour.
[Image: LLlogo5.gif]

The brown is R:102, G:51, B:0.
The yellow is R:255, G:204, B:51.
That last monochrome logo is great. Just want to say that I'd buy some of this stuff without a second thought. :)

Edit: Fixed old url in sig.
DeeBye,Jan 25 2004, 12:52 AM Wrote:Here it is with some colour.
[Image: LLlogo5.gif]

The brown is R:102, G:51, B:0.
The yellow is R:255, G:204, B:51.
Nice stuff!

I will consider this...are there any CafePress-like sites out there that give a better deal to the webmaster/seller?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I'd go for red versus gold in the outline, and the lesser overlap, but I did not build this site. :)
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jan 26 2004, 09:47 PM Wrote:I'd go for red versus gold in the outline, and the lesser overlap, but I did not build this site.  :)
Who's to say we can have only one design?

We could have several, and let people take their pick.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Occhidiangela,Jan 26 2004, 08:47 PM Wrote:I'd go for red versus gold in the outline, and the lesser overlap, but I did not build this site.  :)
[Image: LLlogo6.gif]

edit:

[Image: LLlogo7.gif]

editx2:
[Image: LLlogo8.gif]
Hmm... Why does it feel like this horse is soon going to sprout a hump?? :P

I should have left DeeBye's design alone. He was doing quite well by himself. I am sure he and Bolty can come up with a good choice but I will gladly cast a final vote if you guys want to offer up choices to the community.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Bolty,Jan 26 2004, 09:42 PM Wrote:I will consider this...are there any CafePress-like sites out there that give a better deal to the webmaster/seller?
You could poke me, Bolty. I'd be happy to share some info with ya or help you get something rolling.
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
LochnarITB,Jan 27 2004, 04:24 AM Wrote:Hmm... Why does it feel like this horse is soon going to sprout a hump??    :P
Hehe, I'll bite...

Shouldn't the LL's have demonic flames rising from them?

Bump! (back to committee ;) )
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
I just find it interesting that the top-selling items are "Mongolian Pr0n" and "cracked sash", respectively. :P

Seriously!

(and, a tip to the wise: don't order Medium-sized shirts if you're not, uh... medium-sized. Extra Large-sized persons who forget to use the size selection pull-down box - like me - need not apply. Yeah, that's right, I donate to the basin in my own very special way. :P Carry on!)