Suggestion
I started a topic and found that there was a small mistake with the name but it couldn't be edited. Will it be possible that topic starters may edit the names of their posts?
That's a good idea. Unfortunately, I *think* that invision board considers the ability to edit a topic to be a "moderation" ability, so as far as I know we'd have to make everyone a moderator to enable this. Of course, I've been known to miss really obvious stuff in the control panel. Has anyone else seen this option somewhere on invision board?

In the mean time, you could either "report" your own post, and ask someone to edit the title, or you could send a private message to one of the mods.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Griselda,Jan 7 2004, 12:03 AM Wrote:Of course, I've been known to miss really obvious stuff in the control panel.  Has anyone else seen this option somewhere on invision board?
Its not obvious if its there. ;) I've poked around our own version of Invisionboard that Gnollguy set up on my server and I can't see anything that allows such a member option. I haven't checked for a mod yet for it at Invisionboard. I'll poke around and see if I can find anything and edit later. :)
The Amazon Basin uses the same versions of the boards as we do, I'm pretty sure. I think the way it works at the Basin is that members can edit the title of their own posts in only one of the forums (testing grounds) and mods and admins can do it anywhere. I suppose you could set that up for all forums, but that might get a little confusing. There is a difference at the AB between "members" and "community members" so I don't know how that would translate over to here. Also possible is that everything I just said is not quite true because I misunderstood something :blink: .
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu