Sam & Max II
WarLocke,Jan 18 2004, 01:21 PM Wrote:Ahhh!

Dangit, now I wish I had copies of those games, dangit!

Lemme go see if they're maybe on the Underdogs or something...
Never threw mine out :) SamNMax and DOTT (moreso DOTT IMHO) are masterpieces of adventure games. The time-travel based puzzles are the best. You'd be amazed at how long a coin-operated laundromat can run if you put enough quarters in it. :D

Haven't played them in 8 or so years, too, because of the sound card problems. I'll have to try out this ScummVM thing and see what I can do. It would be a joy to hear Hoagie talking to ol' George again. George W, that is. Not Bush, either.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
ScummVM works like a charm with the CD version of DOTT. I don't know if you also need the VDMSound kit (see the link on page 1 of this thread), but I have installed it anyway because it allows you to play older games (with W2K/NT/W9x soundcard problems) by just using the right mouse button and the "Run with VDMS" option on their EXE file, i.e. Monkey Island 3.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Bolty,Jan 20 2004, 03:37 AM Wrote:It would be a joy to hear Hoagie talking to ol' George again.  George W, that is.  Not Bush, either.
[Image: dott_03.jpg]

George Washington cuts down the "cherry tree" after Hoagie has painted the fruits of a kumquat tree red, which then sets free Laverne who is trapped in that tree in the future :D

[Image: dott_04.jpg]
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Jan 20 2004, 10:00 AM Wrote:ScummVM works like a charm with the CD version of DOTT.
Thank you SO much, nobbie! I had no idea this was out there; I've fired up my cds of DOTT and SamNMax and they run GREAT!

"This must be that Woodstock place Mom and Dad are always talking about."
"Yes, thank you, naive human. Now I can finish taking over the world! Hahahahaha!"
"Made good pets, actually - until one of them started trying to take over the world."

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I am so jealous right now.

Seriously, I'm squinting daggers at my monitor. :angry:

And! I can't find my copy of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Dangit.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Bolty,Jan 20 2004, 10:35 PM Wrote:Thank you SO much, nobbie!  I had no idea this was out there; I've fired up my cds of DOTT and SamNMax and they run GREAT!
In case you haven't noticed yet, if you run DOTT or Sam & Max in a window on i.e. W2000 ("window mode" is the default mode of ScummVM here), you can simply switch to fullscreen "DOS mode" by pressing ALT+ENTER.

Bolty,Jan 20 2004, 03:37 AM Wrote:It would be a joy to hear Hoagie talking to ol' George again.  George W, that is. Not Bush, either.

His real name, by the way, is Jesus W. Christ :P
WarLocke,Jan 20 2004, 11:59 PM Wrote:I am so jealous right now.

Seriously, I'm squinting daggers at my monitor.  :angry:

And!  I can't find my copy of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.  Dangit.
WarLocke,

look at Amazon.co.uk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...2991268-7447063

They still have the DOTT/S&M double-package available (on DVD!), it's dispatched with 24 hours and the price of £12.99 sounds fair.

[Image: B00005Q6XJ.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]
Quote:They still have the DOTT/S&M double-package available (on DVD!)

No DVD-ROM drive on my machine. :(

That's a nice price, though. If/when I do get a drive I'll have to buy it...
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Jan 22 2004, 12:13 AM Wrote:No DVD-ROM drive on my machine. :(

That's a nice price, though.  If/when I do get a drive I'll have to buy it...
CD/DVD-ROM combo drives are very cheap these days, so you might want to consider an upgrade which is generally very useful these days :) By the way, I've just read that the aforementioned DOTT/S&M DVD from Amazon.co.uk is sold only in the European Union and some other countries.
I just found this "Sam & Max" fansite link, which has a lot of news and infos about the sequel, i.e. how the superb quality of the new 3D look is achieved:

http://www.samandmax.net/

[Image: office_all.jpg]

The 3D office in "Sam & Max II"
Lucasarts.com store is selling S&M among a "classics pack" CD-ROM. I tried ordering for something else, and they charged me but haven't shipped! Booo! on my Debit too. Supposedly they are waiting for a "Address confirmation" but I lost the email.

http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/adventure/

It includes Maniac Mansion II aka DOTT and S&M, plus Indiana Jones something... 30$ though probably free shipping for 5-9 business day wait.
T.T
[Image: NewSig.png]
Release your inner dwarf. . .then get him some ale.
WoW Characters:
-Stormrage: Espy, Cafelam, RareCross, EspyLacopa
"we've decided that this was not the appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on the PC"

meaning

"People are #$%&ing sheep. They buy the same crap with a new wrapping, and will not likely be willing to part with their money for something a bit different. Excuse me for a moment while I make another WW2-"simulator".

*ka-ching*
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[ Wrote:Angel,Mar 6 2004, 01:15 AM] "we've decided that this was not the appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on the PC"

meaning

"People are #$%&ing sheep. They buy the same crap with a new wrapping, and will not likely be willing to part with their money for something a bit different. Excuse me for a moment while I make another WW2-"simulator".

*ka-ching*
Yes, it's sad that they cancelled "Sam & Max II". The corporate suits rule everything now, even at allegedly "independant" houses like Lucas Arts.