Me so mad
Hi, I've been afk for some time, so Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!

I'm sick.
Nothing serious, but it kept me in bed for a week.
I log on to b.net again and my two mules are expired.
Each had been played for A LOT more than 2 hours, one was lvl9, the other lvl...5(ish).
I did not play them for about 7 days and now they're gone.

And since nobody else cares for any Diablo-induced grief I choose to whine here:

::Whine::

sorry about that

Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Sorry to hear that. I hope you are feeling better now.

Don't be so sad on this, just forget those two guys. You still have plenty of time to buid new characters, don't you? :rolleyes:
I let a mule expire once. Had inventory 100% full of set items. LOL.
Ow... tough break. I didn't know chars could expire that fast.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Happened to me so many times. One time, I have a mule full of nats sets and other good sets and it expired really fast. I lost so many nats...well, at least it was not ladder.
Hello

I personally believe the BEST thing that happened in 1.10 is the "expires" display. This allows you to KNOW for sure that wether your character is stable or not.

It seems you need to play the character like 2 hours in a day or something like that to burn them in. I do not know the exact recepie, but getting them stay in a game while I write my homework/clean/play with my other copy usually does the trick. After this the "character expires in XX days" disappears, and if you don't touch that character it will not appear for 30 days. In 30 days it will say that "Character expires in 60 days", giving you a warning TWO MONTHS before they actually expire.

So you make it work like this:
  • You create an empty mule, and burn him/her in
    <>
  • You store your stuff only on stable mules (this requires some forward planning, but nothing above the average mollusc)
    <>
  • You log on to each and every account of yours at least once every month (you can get away with once every 1 months and 29 days but why stretch it), and enter the "lounge area" with the character whose "Expires" display appeared<>
    [st]
    This method will prevent character loss (sort of banning that is, but then you got what you cooked up and is not discussed in this thread).

I hope this helped.

ps: I've been playing since 1.0 beta and only lost characters when I quit playing for 1.5 years, so I could be called an expert in the issue ;)
NuurAbSaal,Jan 15 2004, 09:55 AM Wrote:I'm sick.
Nothing serious, but it kept me inbred for a week.
Well, I got to lvl 23 without being burned in (Although on of the basins friendly enchantresses may have been the cause of that :P )
I also lost a very nice rebuild of my 1.10 CS/LF zon at about level 9 to a lag spike trying to burn her in before my 11 day holiday :/ Ah well, only titans.
That's how it is supposed to happen. However, sometimes characters get deleted too early. I had a character that I made in classic, I burnt him in, and after 1 month, I got the character expired message, without any sort warning. 3 other characters on that account were deleted also, and none of them ever got a warning, and 2 of them had been made only 1-2 months previous. :(
Isn't there also a level requirement for burning in?
Like, you have to get to level 12 within a week or something?
Nope, there is no level requirement.