Is it too early to plan for All Hallow's Eve?
Buy your own replica HALO armor!

That would so rock the company halloween party.

But is it bulletproof?? <_<

Also, on a semi-related yet totally random note, check out Mega64.com. I haven't downloaded the movies there yet, but I hear they're freaking hilarious.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
I have imaginings that some Hollywood prop company could pull off a latex-and-prosthetic rendition of a Protoss Zealot. It would require the use of some mighty strong spring-loaded jointed stilts, and some handlers to keep the guy from capsizing, but that could be core.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
WarLocke,Jan 15 2004, 06:57 AM Wrote:That would so rock the company halloween party.
heh, yeah, you'll get laid for sure in that

:blink:

lol ;)
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
I don't play Halo. But I am taking Mythology. So when I see MJOLNIR, the first image that comes into my mind is Thor's hammer. Thinking about that as a Halloween costume?
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Sorry, it wasn't all that clear.

In Halo, the Master Chief (/player) is a cyborg super-soldier, equipped with MJOLNIR MkVI armor.

No, I don't know what the MJOLNIR acronym means.
Basic Mythology:
MJOLNIR is Thor's Hammer, meaning "lightning."
Yeah, Mjolnir (with an umlaut or some other funky thing somewhere) was Thor's hammer.

MJOLNIR (in the context of Halo) is some military acronym. Massive Juggalo-Offender Light Nuclear-Interference Rabies, or something.
It's also the Battle Armor of the Cyborg in Marathon. The protagonist, which you find out is a Mjolnir Battleroid Cyborg. Which is why he kicks so much, er, behind.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
BOB's... the NPC "help" like the Marines in Halo, and just about as effective.

Meet BOB, the Born on Board humans on the mothership, who are sometimes equipped with pistols and run around like headless chickens to 'help' you with stupid remarks (more cannon fodder). Other times are converted by the enemy and strapped with explosives to blow you up in a blazing death. Both forms are about equally ineffective in battle.

There are many many more secrets and references in Pathways into Darkness ---> Marathon I, II, Infinity which I simply haven't experienced, but BOB definitely one of them.