Hearing about Fallout 3 made me sad.
I stumbled across an interview with one of the lead designers of Fallout 3 the other day (unfortunately, I neglected to bookmark it; I'll try to find it again), which angered me because it was apparently so close to being done when BIS was downsized to a "brand" (it was stated in the interview that the game engine was 95% done, dialogue 75% done, nearly all maps done, etc).

Then I found this game in development. It sounds like a Fallout clone (and heck, one of the screenshots is a rip off of the Rio Grande encounter in Fallout!), but if it manages to deliver a halfway-decent story and/or gameplay, and fun turn-based battles (turn-based is a big selling point for me, I can't play the OMG twitch hurry ZERG RUSH! type games), it may be worth looking into.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Ah, found it. Here's the John Deiley interview. Also, the Something Awful thread for those who want to delve into that cesspool. :ph34r:
I guess I'll keep all my spamming in this one thread. :D

Do you ever miss X-COM? I know I do. Awhile back there was even a semi-sequel released, although it's gameplay was realtime-with-pause.

But! These enterprising individuals are in the process of making a (free) spritual X-COM successor with the Quake 2 engine. You can read an interview here, and even check out some pics on their site.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on this.
FO3... BG3... Torn...

/sigh

BG3 sounded especially promising if it was "the heart and soul" of J.E. He was honestly one of those uniquely talented developers who was also admireably honest on the forums. Torn sounded less promising based up the info available on its website when it was first announced, but I'm would have been more than willing to give anything BIS created a chance or three. Everything they put their name on was just that good. FO 1/2, IWD 1/HOW/2, PS:T - which of these games was anything but great?

BIS was a great group of developers, I'm sorry to see their name get bastardized and their franchises whored out to make sub-par console games :angry:
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Well if we're lucky, F03 will emerge as something else. The way Fallout1 did from Wastelands.

edit:

FO: BOS choice of music.
http://www.interplay.com/investor/readpres...ess.asp?CID=573

This has little to do with FO3, or even Fallout in my opinion. Since the more I read about it, the more it resembles a "Let's just put something together and slap the name Fallout on it. Oh yeah, also try to get some sort of band these crazy kids listens to nowadays. Slip-bot? Slipknot. Yeah yeah whatever, just get them in. And TELL them to include the name of this game as much as possible in the lyric so players won't forget. " type of effort.
I was wondering if anyone else was addicted to the fallout series like myself.

btw, weren't you just a little disgusted with bos ?

I bought it on sale months after it came out and it sucked far worse then i ever thought it would.

On a good note though. during a break of about a year from d2, I found arcanum to be an excellent alternative.

I only wish the guys had gone with an arcanum 2 .

Even arcanum would've lasted longer if they'd given mod developers an art proggy to use.

i think that was the only game i played nearly as long as d2, and it didnt even have active servers up for it.
The Inkspots. Louis Armstrong. Slipknot.

Which one of these is the wrong one out?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386