Storage solution ?
Hello,

I play mainly single player mode, and desesperatly looking for a way to keep more stuff than the inventory/stash can receive...

Is it any MOD, or trainer-like software, or other way to keep any object ?

Im not trying any cheating, even in single player. I only use legitimately obtained items, or its not any fun. But it sucks to throw away some nice Unique or Set items for space lack... :'-(

Any help very appreciated :-)

Tiyii
There is a single player muling program called 'ATMA' which manages items between characters. It does not even require d2/lod to be installed. Look for it here.
Take a quick read through this:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/diablo2/strate...kandranon.shtml

I don't know if Suggestion #6 still works. I vaguely recall reading about some issues with dead bodies and how they are now treated. You could easily test this in Single Player by saving your character file from the D2 Folder to a separate location (just in case) and then seeing what happens when you follow the suggestion. If it fouls up on you, just copy'n'paste your character file back into the D2 Folder and never do it again.

But Suggestion #5 still works just fine.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Another option that I use frequently is to create mules (characters whose sole purpose in life is to hold on to items). To transfer the items between characters you must use either Windows XP or Mac OS X v 10.3. In either OS, create a dummy user (I called it mule). Using fast user switching log in with both users, host a TCP/IP game with one account, switch to the other account, join the game with a different character and begin muling.

I know this wasn't very explicit, so if you have any trouble or don't know how to do anything above or simply need me to explain better, let me know.

Neeljwala
There are (or were before 1.10) many mods that increased inventory size and stash size. I don't know if there was a a mod that did just that without changing other aspects of the game though. I think the phrozen keep might still be your best bet to look for something of that nature.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Go with ATMA. It is by far the best solution to your problem. The hundreds (thousands?) of single players using it can't all be wrong.
I just use a modified d2gfx.dll . I can send it to you if you want, it lets you have two copies of diablo2 running at the same time... or more if your system can handle it. Then just use tcp/ip to connect to yourself and you can mule without external programs:)
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
neeljwala,Jan 9 2004, 06:49 AM Wrote:Another option that I use frequently is to create mules (characters whose sole purpose in life is to hold on to items).  To transfer the items between characters you must use either Windows XP or Mac OS X v 10.3.  In either OS, create a dummy user (I called it mule).  Using fast user switching log in with both users, host a TCP/IP game with one account, switch to the other account, join the game with a different character and begin muling.

I know this wasn't very explicit, so if you have any trouble or don't know how to do anything above or simply need me to explain better, let me know.

Neeljwala
And if you don't have Windows XP or Mac OS X v. 10.3 (I know I don't), get two computers. Borrow a laptop from a friend, if need be; if they insist on being there when you use it, so much the better, they can help you. Make sure the same patch of DII is installed on both computers. You only need one CD.

Set up a TCP/IP connection between the two computers.

Transfer the character you want to give the items to to the other computer.

Start up DII on the original computer, and set up a TCP/IP game.

When the game is fully set up and the char who has the items appears in town, take the CD out of that computer and put it in the other computer. Start up DII and join the game.

When the transfer is completed, exit the game on the computer with the CD.

Once the game has been completely exited, put the CD back in the computer you started with. It's possible to play without the CD, but if you try to exit the game without the CD, you get a BSoD.

It's ever so much easier if you have two CDs because then you don't have to switch the CD around all the time and keep track of what computer it's in.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
I'm not one of those users yet. If the author takes my suggestions and adds support for a modified inventory.txt (expanded stash/cube/char inventory), I'll gladly use the program.
Smoketest,Feb 7 2004, 12:35 AM Wrote:I'm not one of those users yet. If the author takes my suggestions and adds support for a modified inventory.txt (expanded stash/cube/char inventory), I'll gladly use the program.
I honestly doubt Tenshi will edit the ATMA program to allow expanded stashes or other mods. But I don't think it is really necessary either, as he included a feature to make offline stashes where you can keep an unlimited number of items. He does recommend against storing 1000+ items per stash though. If you do like I do though, as in build many stashes to store different things, then you should never run into the problem. I have my stashes broken into many different ones. Here are some of the examples:

- Armor stash
- Sword stash
- Helm stash
- Rings stash

Anyway, you get the idea...
Yeah, that's similar to the system I used for 1.09d mules (all with expanded stashes, cubes and char inventories for max storage capacity.)

Tenshi gave me various excuses for not supporting expanded stashes, none of which convinced me. I happen to use my expanded stash to the full, for gem and rune upgrading and so on. I added two rows to the character inventory because I disagree with Blizzard's decision to add charms without expanding inventory space. I don't abuse charms, but neither do I enjoy having my inventory space cut in half while using a few of them.

Ah well, what I do for now is re-organize my stash and inventory to match the default sizes before Saving and Exiting the game. Then I can safely use ATMA to move stuff to the external stash. It involves some effort and forethought, but it's still easier and more efficient than multi-instance muling, and I can still take advantage of the extra space between 'stashing' sessions.
Smoketest,Feb 16 2004, 06:59 AM Wrote:Yeah, that's similar to the system I used for 1.09d mules (all with expanded stashes, cubes and char inventories for max storage capacity.)

Tenshi gave me various excuses for not supporting expanded stashes, none of which convinced me. I happen to use my expanded stash to the full, for gem and rune upgrading and so on. I added two rows to the character inventory because I disagree with Blizzard's decision to add charms without expanding inventory space. I don't abuse charms, but neither do I enjoy having my inventory space cut in half while using a few of them.

Ah well, what I do for now is re-organize my stash and inventory to match the default sizes before Saving and Exiting the game. Then I can safely use ATMA to move stuff to the external stash. It involves some effort and forethought, but it's still easier and more efficient than multi-instance muling, and I can still take advantage of the extra space between 'stashing' sessions.
Interesting that you chose to interpret my response as "excuses". Consider these

1) The programming effort is done entirely by 1 person (for free)
2) The content for the character GUI is locked.
3) Any change at this point requires more effort than is justified when only one person wants a particular change which is easily accomodated by other features.
4) What you see in ATMA is as a result of more than a year of user input from gamers on other forums that I hang out with.
5) I have other things in R/L to deal with as ATMA is a minor hobby of mine

I really don't see how your personal disagreements with Blizzard policy should influence your choice to use ATMA or not.

--T
A few questions if you don't mind:

Is ATMA 'done' or do you have plans to keep adding features?

Is there any possibility of either a source-code release (even under NDA if you're worried about that sort of thing), or some sort of library/api so people can add their own extensions?

-- frink
Professor Frink,Feb 21 2004, 02:38 PM Wrote:A few questions if you don't mind:

Is ATMA 'done' or do you have plans to keep adding features?

Is there any possibility of either a source-code release (even under NDA if you're worried about that sort of thing), or some sort of library/api so people can add their own extensions?

-- frink
There are still a few more features I want to add before I put down my compiler and consider it "done". I have just finished the DropCalc for ATMA and will be doing a release in a few minutes of ATMA 5.04 . The remaining modules are

1) Cubing module which enables Horadric cube formulae in ATMA
2) ItemSearch module which lets you search by parameter for items in your stashes
3) ItemCompedium module which lets you view all the items in the game (as a reference)

Other than these, I can't think of anything else to add. As for releasing the source code, I'll have to think about that when I have added these three modules (by 5.07 ?). Most likely what will happen is my creating a DLL which others can plug into ... but we will see.

--T