Icewind Dale 2
OK, so I bought the 'Ultimate collection' a week ago (last year ;) ), no spoilers please, I've only just started it. The one problem I am finding however is that the supplied scripts are crap (as was the case with BG2). Does anyone know of any decent scripts like the 'ulitimate script' in bg2? Failing that, does anyone know of any custom scripts for specific classes/class mixes, or lastly a script compiler. I have scoured the net yesterday, and the closest I came was an InfinityEngine AI scripting group, but no scripts for IWD2 released.

Specifically why do I need this?

1) My Bard/Cleric currently either has to be set to guardian script (i.e. do some fighting then cast some healing), or set to bard script(i.e. never fight or heal, just sing). I would lideally like him to heal party members if necc., else sing(and back off if enemy is close).

2) Hide/Search is not automatic for those chars that can

3) With the default scripts wizards and sorcerors behave like morons (many examples)
First thing I always do when playing a game in the BG / IWD series is turn off the stupid AI !
Why would you want to release control of your party ?

And if you find managing your whole party a hassle (can be the case for a D2 player), how about playing with a smaller party, or even going solo ?
IWD2 can easily be soloed.

Now, if you really HAVE to use scripts, the best way to go about them would be to write your own.
For ressources, have you tried Sorcerer's Place ?
On a related note, I tried to reinstall BG2 today (I wanted to play as a Half-Orc Fighter/Cleric with realistic stats), but I am unable to as the autorun program (baldur.exe) thinks that BG2 is already installed, and the actual installation program (setup.exe) also believes this, and asks if I want to uninstall BG2, as opposed to asking if I want to install it.

I hopped into Regedit and deleted all keys under Black Isle and BioWare related to BG2 (deleting the keys might have been a bad idea in retrospect) to no avail. Thus, I still cannot install BG2. Anyone have any ideas?

/hijack

Back to topic: I never really had a problem with the scripts. I generally control everyone myself, but I have all fighters or front-line people set to Fighter Aggressive, while spellcasters and such are set to Fighter Ranged Attack. This has everyone attacking with their equipped weapons to start with, while I do micromangement, such as spellcasting. I don't want the idiot computer controlling my spells, anyway.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Common problem, there's a troubleshoot on the Black Isle website about it.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Yup, looked there, and they have no custom scripts or even a script editor. I think I've spent more time looking for those than playing the game so far :blink:
No ontopic response available, sorry. Sorcerer's Place definetely is the place to search and ask around though.

Offtopic response to Artega: I've had the same problem with BG2, and regedit did nothing of worth. I ended up having to format my entire comp. (nothing else worked, and believe me, over the course of 6 months or so, I have tried everything.) After that, it did work. It's shooting a mosquito with a nuke, but it works.
And you do not ask the cost...
I got it fixed, thanks to NiteFox's good memory. There is a section on the BioWare support area for BG2/ToB that details how to fix said installation problems; basically, you have to hunt through the Windows registry and delete the key(s) related to InstallShield's recorded information. After doing that, you must dig through the hidden InstallShield Installation Information folder located in the Program Files folder and delete THAT information. After that, everything should be hunky-dory. Or that's what BioWare says. The exact instructions can be located here.

Skip steps one through three and head straight for four and beyond if you have similar symptoms to mine. In other words, if you were an idiot like me and DIDN'T use the Uninstall utility or Add/Remove Programs (and so deleted the BG2 directory via Windows Explorer), use the information located on BioWare's site.

Now that BG2+ToB is all installed and set up, I am having problems deciding what to do. I am trying to decide between a Monk, an Elf Archer, or a Half-Orc Barbarian. I've heard that Monks are unstoppable in the latter stages of the game, but fighting bare-handed just seems so... boring. Archers, meanwhile, rely on magical arrows to hit creatures with protection, and magical arrows/bolts only go up to a +3 enchantment, AND ammo isn't unlimited (at least, until I get the Quiver/Case of Plenty +1/+2.) Also, I'm wondering if Elven Chain is considered a "metal armor"; if so, my Archer won't be able to use the incredible +5 Elven Chain you can acquire in ToB, though Aeger's Hide +3 certainly isn't too bad.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Thanks for the link, I may need it soon.

I made the mistake of running Regcleaner and pruning my registry while I had KotOR installed. Then, I tried to uninstall it to free up some HD space temporarily, but it balked because it couldn't find a required somethingorother. I'm guessing I accidentally removed one of its entries from my registry. So I had to manually delete 3.5gb of game files. :(
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]