Of dreams and school
Basically I'm doing a small (3-7 pages) work on dreams and if you can please help me with material about dreams, what are they, why they are, theories on them, etc' I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance.
TaiDaishar.
Ofer.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Anatomy of a Dream -- material by CG Jung.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Don't forget to check with Everything.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quotes are from Everything
Quote:Our dreams show us what we really want in life.

I'm not so sure of that. I used to dream about video games, although that was a couple of year ago - and in no way by a large amount. I had a dream about Kylie Minogue when I was obsessed with her (:wacko:) - in a really screwed "this makes no sense at all" kind of dream. Then I've had some which featured people that are important to me, and probably some dreams that made no sense to me - but those I don't remember.

I would say it's just the things the brain has stored, and because you're not awake and recieving any input on what to "search up" in the brain, it pieces together information present from all over, and the most powerful / most stored / most cross-linked information will be manifested in it.

If you don't have a particular *charged* amount of related information stored, the dreams will just be complete confusion - as that's the only thing it can produce.

Some people have re-created their dreams in art - but then the artists which don't dream of amazing things and still produce amazing things - how is that explained?

Quote:So here is my theory, and I could be wrong (but I'm not). Those lucky souls we call artists do not need to be so creative in their dreams if they are putting all their creative energy into their art. Those of us who work real jobs and seldom do anything creative, but who were actually supposed to be artists of some sort -- we are the ones who have these crazy dreams.

In that case dreams can be said to be un-linked information - when you're completely free in your mind (because you're expressing any of your thoughts continuously) - this won't exist.

Quote:Freud believed dreams show our unconscious desires

In which case that could be said to be true.

Quote:biologists tell us they are simply random hallucinating brought on the by altered chemistry of the brain during sleep.

But this can't - since in science there is no such thing as random - right? Random in this case would just be seemingly chaotic events which we don't know how they happen?

Last note: I only dream now (. . . that I can remember) when waking up after a quite long sleep, then going to sleep again. It just about always happens then.