Tactics Arena Online
Tactics Arena Online

I just spent 5 hours playing this game (and it's 4:20 in the morning here...). It is incredibly addictive. It's a Flash game, where you face off against other players with fantasy squads. The gameplay is reminiscent of 'Chess meets Shining Force' - battles take place on a chess-like grid, and the units resemble typical SRPG archetypes (even down to some of the mages having the 5-tile spell effects), but like as in chess the players take turns moving units, and units have a 'cool down' time in which they can't be moved. So you may have a powerful golem, but after using him he has to stay put for 4 of your turns before he can be used again. Despite surface appearances, it's pretty darn deep gameplay.

A basic account is free, but you can pay $ for extra features and units. You can also win them by claiming victory in battle, but the 'rarer' ones are 'upgraded account' only (dragons and such). I almost won a second Black Magic Witch, but my opponent disconnected or quit the game and I didn't get a victory credit. <_<

Playing this against some other Lurkers would be really fun, I think.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
I have been trying to play, but after a few moments Opera says an illegal error has been encountered and exits the browser. Does this mean I have to play in IE? :(
WWBBD?
I've successfully gotten a draw. The guy left mid-game.

At any rate, my account is Artega, and I'll be glad to lose to whoever challenges me. I believe I saw Yrrek on when I first logged in.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I'm running it in Firebird just fine, although I guess that doesn't help you if Opera doesn't support it for whatever reason. AFAIK it's just a Flash program, nothing special about it, so if you can run other Flash apps you should be able to run TAO... :(

My account is WarLocke. IIRC my win/loss record is 5/7 (no draws). I almost won a mud golem earlier today, but my opponent managed to squeak in the win. I wanted that golem, but at least the fight was fun. :D
Yes, my account is Yrrek. I'll try it in IE. Hopefully I can finish a game. :)
WWBBD?
This looks like a fun game. I'm in as "DeeBye".
If someone has the extra funds, we could form a LL clan! Anyone interested? I would join, but I don't have money to contribute. :(
WWBBD?
I don't have enough luxury funds at the moment to spring for an upgraded account (Only a Gold account can establish a clan; they're US$10), but I'll try to hook up with everyone for some games.

Yrrek and I managed to get a couple games together earlier. I managed to squeak in a win for the first game (mostly because I had a lightning tower thingy dominating the center of the field), but he got the win for the second game - and talk about a fight! It degenerated into his lone Knight chasing my last remaining Scout around the board. :lol:

This game is cutting into my sleep time, heh. Thing kept me up to 3 in the morning. I'm gonna go crash, now.
Glad I have dial-up and not DSL. Sounds like DSL is causing sleep-deprivation problems :)

This Friday is payday for me, and I can probably spare ten dollars to upgrade my account and create a Lurker Lounge clan for us :)

My account is still Artega, and I'm 1-1-0.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
Yes, good games WarLocke! I was looking for Artega and DeeBye also, but I didn't see you guys. That would be great if you could start that clan! I'm sorry I can't help out. =/ My current record *I think* is 1-3-0. WarLocke: You and I have a score to settle! *bares teeth* :P
WWBBD?
Quote:Sounds like DSL is causing sleep-deprivation problems

Uh, is this in reply to me?

'Cuz I'm still on dialup. <_< Wouldn't mind DSL, though!

Quote:WarLocke: You and I have a score to settle!

What? I thought we were even!

Okay then, if you want to take a crack at my Army of Doom™... B)
I will defeat you once and for all, foul demon! :D
WWBBD?
Artega set up the clan. PM him if you are interested in joining, that way he catches everyone! :)
WWBBD?
The list so far:

Espy
Yrrek
WarLocke
June
Archon

I've been pressuring Grim into joining us. Sek is next! I'll try to get Omni (who found out about this on the SevenLances forums) to get on so I can put him on the list, as well. Some of my SevenLancer friends may also join us.

Kudos to WarLocke for finding such a great game for us!
Sure I'll join too. I already have an account on there, lemme figure out what it was....

Which server are you all on?

I don't remember my pass so I'll make a new account, but I may as well join the same one you're all on.

It's an ok game, but I couldn't figure out how to get new units and stuff (besides paying for it) so I stopped, and I guess forgot about it. I only played like 10 matches, but it would be great to play with people I know.

Greetings,
Refrigerator
There's more than one server?

Also, you can earn new units just by winning matches. Seems like, every 5 hours or so, there's an announcement saying "If you're currently in battle, the winner will receive an X" were X is a non-rare unit (Witch, Cleric, Mud Golem, etc).
It's a nice game, but I very much need to get the hang of it :)

Especially ranges of movement and attack.

But hey, I finally learned how to NOT attack my own units, so that's good :P

Edit: Accountname is Faragon. Sofar 1-0-3
And you do not ask the cost...
I love these types of games...

I believe I saw a demo of this over at NewGrounds many months ago.

I'd be happy to join your clan if you'll have me, and if not, thanks for the heads up on this game.

Accountname: Malek

Edit: Whoa...I am really out of practice at this...
I'm having a lot of problems logging in at the moment. It says "Logging in.....", yet never does a thing. Not even my dial-up sits for ten minutes without a response. If I manage to get logged in successfully, I'll probably pass leadership onto someone more active (perhaps Espy or WarLocke) - or at least someone with a more reliable connection.
I've been having this same problem, which is okay though for now, I haven't been getting much sleep(sickly) and I can only play at night due activities mostly going on during the day time. :ph34r:
WWBBD?