cheaters
hi all

for many years I have been playing single player and solo multiplayer but recently I have been venturing on battle net. but everytime I join a game, there are always cheaters with duped items and insanely high hp for their level. One time a guy offered me dreamflange but it was a ring( I believe dreamflange is a mace(correct me if I am wrong)). LIKe where are all the legit players or maybe I am just always in the wrong games.
but I ll keep searching for fun, non-cheating, players.
Hannya
Welcome to Diablo multiplayer on b.net. This has been going on for 7 years.

Selby
I'm afraid Selby's right! And there isn't much anyone can do about it, except avoidance of public games. AFAIK, very few legits still play on b.net much.(raise your hand if you still do!) Just take a look at AoM's public game write-ups, it'll give ya an idea of what's going on (at least used to) and give ya a good laugh too! :D

Aside from the DSF channel, there is "Diablo X" channel on west I believe, but even then, it's dubiously legit, or at least some folks in there seem like it.

Anyways, try to have fun with what's left of a place many people here have good memories of...
Diablo X is actually on USEast actually. And yes, it's legitness has been argued a lot(I'm not going into it right now). Also, if you can speak any of the languages there are Diablo CZE-1, Diablo POL-1 and Diablo SWE-1 on Europe gateway.
-Cytrex
Cytrex,Dec 24 2003, 02:57 PM Wrote:Diablo X is actually on USEast actually.
My mistake! :o

I was too lazy to go check, so I kind of rolled the dice on that one...
Hello , glad to see that there are still people out there trying the pubbies. I still keep trying to find legits in pubbies also.Your right they are few and far between.diablo x is indeed a legit channel , but it has been corrupted.

I used to use diablo dsf but it is so elite that players actually never use the channel. diablo bastion is your best bet on east.I have actually developed a taste for cheater blood,its somehow satisfiying to mk a clvl50 and deliver its gpow and dreamflange,obs zods ect, to the cyber gods. Keep on playing pubbies ,the people who hide behind private games are missing out on the actual experiance of the life and death nature that made this game so great.
I honestly don't feel that I'm gaining much while playing in the pubbies. I really like to play with new people every time, but that can be done by going to one of the already mentioned channels and asking for a game.

And of course, if you already do have people to play with...there's almost no reason to to to public games and spend your precios free time on starting the game again after being crashed.
-Cytrex
Skana, hope to see you someday hunting the self named "gods" as i do. It's also my appeal to all legit's out there, to try or keep on playing public games, because it's the real diablo experience and whatever that could happen there to you at the end it's more fun than hiding in private games. Cheater are weak minds, remember that when you meet one ;)

On europe are only a few legit's active, try Diablo SWE-1(Swedish channel); you can also find many player on POL-1(Polish channel) but 99% of them are full of dupes and cheats, the european legits are not united in one special channel but most of them can be found on The Legit Diablo Forum
Hello Skana and Trivenefica,

Cheaters are not popular (here and in more places) because they usually ruin the gaming experience for others (also for themselves, but they don't know that). Do you think your actions are seen differently?

I agree cheaters are 'weak'. Most are just kids, after all. Do you have fun 'hunting' them?
You dont have to hunt them. They come into games , you politely ask them to leave, they refuse. A hacked/trainer clvl 50 in a hell/hell game is not an unknowing kid but an active cheater.
Hi Zenda ;)

If they enter my game and insult me only because i asked them to leave i've a new quest labeled "Hun't the trainerkid till it leaves" ...it is often the only way to continue with an open coop and of course much fun too :lol:
Hello Skana and Trivenefica,

Sorry, my mistake then. I was under the impression you actively went looking for them.

As for the disturbances to games, that is the reason why I 'hide' behind a password B)