"-seed" command problem
Does anyone know how to do the -seed command (STSI 122)?? I try to do it, but it gives me the pop-up saying "Please verify your D2 Expansion Set Disc is inserted." I have D2 Exp. and it is in there, but it won't work, not matter how many times I press "Retry".
DroopingCactus
Quote:Adeyke and people like him get tons of questions exactly like this one by people who're apparently too stupid to play without Maphack, too stupid to read the Help file that comes with the program, too stupid to turn off the socket protection when they're using Maphack, and too stupid to realize that they're stepping before the firing squad when asking questions like that in forums like this.
-AK404
For once, if you're on a mac, command switches don't work.

On Windows you're supposed to make a shortcut, have you done that? Then it should say

"C:\[diablo II directory]\Diablo II.exe"

Then you add command switches

"C:\[diablo II directory]\Diablo II.exe" -seed #

If you open a character in ATMA, then go to Character Stats, you'll find something called Map Seed with nine numbers, this is what I assume you should enter to make seed work. This should then give all your characters the same map.

In 1.10F the using any small number for huge amount of critters don't work.
Thanks a lot! That was incredible, even with just -seed 15!!! :blink:
DroopingCactus
Quote:Adeyke and people like him get tons of questions exactly like this one by people who're apparently too stupid to play without Maphack, too stupid to read the Help file that comes with the program, too stupid to turn off the socket protection when they're using Maphack, and too stupid to realize that they're stepping before the firing squad when asking questions like that in forums like this.
-AK404
-nevermind- I figured out how to change the mpq to do the same thing.
What does the -seed command do?
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
hey,http://www.lurkerlounge.com/diablo2/stsi/stsi.php?id=122
Hey,

Check out the screenshot thats somewhat interesting if you want some info.

Guys - I tried to do this but it will not work for me! I have a shortcut on my desktop to Diablo II.exe, and its shortcut properties are as follows:

Target Type: Application
Target Location: Diablo II

Target: "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -seed 15

Start in: "C:\Program Files\Diablo II"

Run: Normal window

I'm running Windows Me (blargh! Soon to be upgraded), and have no idea what I am doing wrong!
Nevermind
And another question re: seed number. Is the monster density directly proportional to the seed number or is some function such as mod() performed on the number? i.e. for density 1<10<50 or 3>42>81 (given mod 10)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I have tested this a bit and as far as I can tell the sead number dosent change the density. All it does is change what kind of monsters spawn where.
I'm not noticing any increased density, either.

I recall reading some time ago (and I'm not sure where) that the increased density was a punishment for players who enter an invalid map seed. I'm not sure if there's any truth to this, though.
So the usual caveat follows. Those with the 1.10s beta patch (or earlier) still installed can try it for themselves.

The "seed x" command iirc had the following effects in 1.10s Beta patch:

- Generated a new map layout.

- "Locked" the affix selections in vendors. Afaik, gambling was also locked in. Eg: If you saw a bow "of evisceration" in that session, chances are all other vendor\gambling bows will be "of evisceration."

- Drops and cubing will not be random. Rares will tend to have identical affixes. Cubing things like rings and amulets will yield a specific pattern. (Before someone says "exploit-cheese-cheat", most of the pattern does not give out instant super jewelry. From what I remember, something like 3 rings of Craftsmanship will yield an Amulet of the Sun. 3 amulet of the Sun will give a ring of Strength +1. Not a literal example, but it gives a rough idea. From a practical point of view, crafting jewelry would most likely have better chances of getting something "good" while under normal circumstances.)

- Increased monster density.

In the current 1.10 live patch, "seed x" has the following effects (at least easily and immediately observed in game, I can't read mpqs and dll files.) :

- Generates a new map layout.

If any of you guys have a different experience, I'm interested in hearing it.
Is -seed just for Single Player? Or also works on Battle.net?
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
SP only, AFAIK.

All the seeding crap on realm play is dealt server-side rather than client-side.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386