No Magus?
Last night I decided I needed more power for my cleric, so tried shopping Drognan in Hell for a Priest's Scepter of the Magus. About a hundred scepters later, I realized I hadn't seen any scepters of the magus for sale. A few hundred beyond that, and I still hadn't. Now, I realize that this is statistically a drop in the bucket, but I don't remember seeing any Magus-suffixed scepters since 1.10 came out. Wands and staves, yes, but no scepters. Can someone with more experience reading MPQs confirm that this has become impossible, or tell me that I've just had a lot of bad rolls?
"of the Magus" is specifically forbidden from appearing on sceptres. It's been like this for some time now. You'll only be able to get "of the Apprentice."
Dang, you're kidding? AS needs to be updated in that respect, then, it still says Magus can appear on 'rods', magical and rare, and scepters are in that category.

Why hast thou forsaken me, Blizzard?! *weeps theatrically*
It does have rods listed as items on which it can spawn, but it also has scepters listed as items on which it can't spawn, and the exclusion takes precedence.

Really, the AS affixes pages are completely worthless due to their numerous flaws.
Just curious, I thought Crafting was the exception.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Scepters can be used in the hitpower recipe for the 1-4 rare affixes and the following:
Quote:+ (35-60%) Enhanced Damage
5% Chance To Cast Level 4 Frost Nova When Struck
Attacker Takes Damage of (3-7)

Or they can be used in the caster recipe for 1-4 rare affixes and the following:
Quote:Increase Maximum Mana (1-5)%
Regenerate Mana (4-10)%
+ (10-20) To Mana

Neither one gives any FCR. And the affix pool is the same as for rare items, so they'll still just have the "of the Apprentice" 10% FCR affix available.

So no, crafted scepters can't get more than 10% FCR, either.