The Last Samurai
I went to see The Last Samurai a couple of days ago and after seeing it I wanted to go right back and see it once more.

I went with a friend of mine and at some places she found the movie to be so dramatic that she cried alittle. And she wasn't the only one in the theater who did so.

This movie is an example of great movie making. I am glad that I avoided most trailers and spoilers, so that I could enjoy this amazing movie fully.

Even though I knew going in that this movie was very similar to Dances With Wolves and some of the story it still proved to be a movie that Tom Cruise does deserve an oscar for.

I truely hope that the actor who played Katsomoto (or was it Motsomoto?) gets an oscar for supporting actor or maybe atleast a nomination.

If you haven't see this movie yet, I strongly recommend it to everyone. This an ROTK are movies that if missed in theaters would be much cause for much future dissapointment.

Lastly, Hanz Zimmer did a wonderful job scoring this movie. The music really fits and is of his usual great and legendary quality.

What do the rest of you think of this movie?
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
Quote: I am glad that I avoided most trailers and spoilers, so that I could enjoy this amazing movie full

I have to say, this move had the best previews I have seen in a long while - they didn't give away the plot at all. It actually makes you want to see the movie more, unlike some previews (Castaway comes to mind) where the main plot's resolution is given away in the preview. :blink: :blink:

Yes, EXCELLENT movie - best movie, so far, I have seen this year. RotK is the only other one I'm holding out for, now that The Alamo is delayed. We'll see (on wednesday!)
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Quote:Even though I knew going in that this movie was very similar to Dances With Wolves and some of the story it still proved to be a movie that Tom Cruise does deserve an oscar for.

I'm sorry; "Tom Cruise" and "Oscar" should NEVER be mentioned in the same sentence.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Quote:"Tom Cruise" and "Oscar" should NEVER be mentioned in the same sentence.

Wait... What if the Enquirer had a story about Tom beating up Nicole Kidman's pool boy? Can we mention Oscar then? :D
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
I saw it lastnight... and got in a huge fight with my girlfriend over it... because i not only went out without her... i went with a differnt girl...

but she was the only friend i had that spoke enough japanese to get me through it without being completely lost...

the bad reviews i think are mostly from people who don't understand honor, or it's associated concepts.

There where a few times that me and her where laughing at some subtle humor.... and the rest of the audiance was clueless...
The wind has no destination.
Yes I agree, the trailers were very well done. What I ment was that I have seen most of them a couple of times (especially the Theater trailer, which is great) but avoided seeing the trailers too many times.

As not to have them get on my nerves. It is like watching a show on TV and ever commercial spot you would have an ad for the X-Men 2 DVD. Eventually it gets very repetative and you have to switch the channel the next time the ad comes on inorder to avoid being annoyed.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
I think this movie was a beautfiul as one could make a war movie. I recommened it to a friend and told her what I just said. She came abcka nd scolded me for not telling her how beautiful it was and how it was going to make her cry. Tom Cruise did a very good job in my opinion. Movies such as these make me have hope still in Hollywood producing decent films once again. :)

~babybunny~
Chack the film Born On The Fourth of July. See if Tom Cruise won an Oscar for that one.

Hmmm, maybe not.

"and Cruise's Oscar-nominated role is uncompromising in its depiction of one man's personal anguish and political awakening. "

Hmmmmmmm, looks like I got it ass backwards.

The '80s: 1989 - Winners denoted by

Film: Driving Miss Daisy

Best Director: Oliver Stone for Born on the Fourth of July

Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis for My Left Foot

1986: Paul Newman for The Color of Money

Nominated for Jerry McGuire, but did not win.

Hey, I guess there is some justice in this world, Tom Cruise has not yet won an Oscar.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
*WARNING - SPOILER*

It was a good movie. I liked it, really, I did.
BUT... it did stink of a poorly re-hashed "Dances With Wolves"
and the last 30 mins or so made me want to puke. First they
give up all thought of strategy and run headlong into the
Gatling guns. To rub salt in the wound, they allowed TC to
survive that? Then... the scene with the Emporer. OH PLEASE!
if you don't know samurai...
think klingon... kittimer?
The wind has no destination.
Huh? I didn't say I'm not familiar with Samurai. I just found the plot a little too similar with Dances with Wolves for my taste.