Cloak of Shadows and Necromancer Curses
If an Assassin is casting Cloak of Shadows while the friendly neighbourhood Necromancer is casting Lower Resist, will one nullify the other? Or will they stack?

And what about other curses?

Thanks in advance B)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

They interfere with each other, but I haven't found this to be a big issue. I typically use Life Tap and Cloak of Shadows with my dTalon Kick Assassin. Works great!
Hi,

If I am not mistaken, the following skills are on the "curse" tier of spells, and overwrite eachother:

All necro curses, Cloak of Shadows, and Battlecry (and shrines).

Also, the curse Attract cannot be overwritten by any curse.

These other skills can be used on the side (without overwriting): Taunt and Inner Sight/Slow Missiles.

The only spell I am usure of is Conversion/Mind blast.
I'm certain that Amplify damage overwrites Taunt
I can confirm that Mind Blast doesn't overwrite CoS, even when it stuns (but it does when it converts).
Stun is an effect, not an affect. Err, what I mean is that the little stars are just a visual indicator of their state, as opposed to the conversion portion.
Hi,

Does Inner Sight overwrite slow missiles? I think so, but am unsure.
It does, last time I chcecked.
Firstly, things changed in 1.10f (at least taunt, in the overwritable department), so be sure you're talking about that.

The mpq's - states.txt - has columns for "curable" and "curse". Strangely all shrine effects don't have curable (but do have curse), so they shouldn't be affected by the curse length reduction, if I understood correctly?

The ones (except mentioned) which have curse=1 but curable=0 are

* battlecry
* bloodlust (what's cast on "minions" monsters in act 5, turns them into frenzied)
* cloaked (cloak of shadows effect on enemies)

Oh and Inner Sight, Cloak of Shadows (effect on caster), Slow Missiles - aren't counted as curses at all.
Quote:The mpq's - states.txt - has columns for "curable" and "curse". Strangely all shrine effects don't have curable (but do have curse), so they shouldn't be affected by the curse length reduction, if I understood correctly?

This may need to be checked. I have a assassin with a high lvl fade, and I think I noticed that shrine effects go away remarkably faster with fade on. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I simply remembering incorrectly?

EDIT: Perhaps I was cursed by a leader(overwriting the shrine), and then the curse went away quickly because of fade. I definitely recall getting a combat shrine, fighting for a few seconds, then looking at the LCS to check my Shrined up damage. By the time I had opened the LCS, the shrine effect was already gone. I was running a lvl 26 fade at the time.

I can test this myself, but for the next few days I'll be away from my diablo PC.
Shrine durations. This is why I noticed it in the first place. My brother had gotten a combat shrine, even though he was a trap-sin. I took one about 20 seconds later, but found that mine was gone even though his was still there(I had Fade on almost all the time)

If anyone else wants to test this, look for a spot with 2 Stamina shrines, get one character to put Fade/Cleansing(not sure about Cleansing yet) on, each one hits their own shrine(as close to the same time as possible), then stand together and see whose runs out first.