Big Day Tomorrow
Tomorrow I'll be taking the A+ exam put out by CompTIA. *sigh* I think I'm ready, but it's hard to study and get mentally prepared with all the noise from my step-sisters running around screaming at eachother. Any words of advice on test taking skills or possible things to go over again before tomorrow? Wish me luck! ;)
WWBBD?
I don't knoe anything about the test, so I can't help you there. But if you think you're ready, relax. No sense in staying up late and putting in extra effort if it's not going to help. Do somethign relaxing and go to bed early.

Good Luck.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
I had a ritual before each of my microsoft tests...

I arrived early, 30 minutes before.
I settled into the most comfertable chair with as viwe of the window, and I slowly drank a single cup of hot tea...
The wind has no destination.
Yrrek,Dec 16 2003, 11:55 PM Wrote:Tomorrow I'll be taking the A+ exam put out by CompTIA. *sigh* I think I'm ready, but it's hard to study and get mentally prepared with all the noise from my step-sisters running around screaming at eachother. Any words of advice on test taking skills or possible things to go over again before tomorrow? Wish me luck!  ;)
Pray.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Hello.

Although it can be hard not to be, the common suggestion is to remain calm. However, it really depends on the individual taking the exam.

I have taken the exam a couple of times now (before the latest update with the incorporation of Windows XP). The testing center I went to was peaceful.

I am currently taking another A+ refresher course at my school. (My school offers them for free to past and current students, so I always try to take them.)

When you arrive, my instructor recommends studying right before the exam. Try to study the things you do not know. Hopefully you can at least put it into your short-term memory (sort of like random access memory) and it will be available for the duration of the exam. If needed, you can try converting it to long-term information after the exam (sort of like writing it to permanent storage).

My instructor also recommends that after you study and are set to take the exam, ask for some scratch paper (assuming you are not offered any). Write down as much information that you can, such as interrupt request numbers and CPU slots/sockets. I am aware that this exam is timed, but you should have enough time to do this. Furthermore, this will make certain parts of the exam easier and quicker.

I bid you good luck.

Thank you for your time. Farewell.
-scrape
How about them apples? They say they do not fall far from the tree, and that one can spoil the whole bunch. Well I say we may not all be rotten, but we are all spoiled.
degrak.com
degrak youtube
Yrrek,Dec 16 2003, 11:55 PM Wrote:Tomorrow I'll be taking the A+ exam put out by CompTIA. *sigh* I think I'm ready, but it's hard to study and get mentally prepared with all the noise from my step-sisters running around screaming at eachother. Any words of advice on test taking skills or possible things to go over again before tomorrow? Wish me luck!  ;)
If possible, get out of your house. Or at least get parental (or step-parental) units to hush your sisters. That sort of noise can be a terrible distraction.

What you need is a sample of the right kind of noise. When I was studying for my Astronomy exam, I went to IHOP. There was enough ambient noise to keep the ADD part of my occupied, leaving my sane normal self to study in peace. Better still, food and coffee. ^_^

If you can't go out to some 24-hour place like IHOP, try and create the same atmosphere. Find someplace comfy, or at least away from your computer. Put on some classical music or something without words. Get some food and coffee.

Good luck! I'm about to take my Grammar exam, so I know where you're coming from. ('Cept that I don't know much about computers... :blink:)
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Thanks for the tips! Working on calming myself down, I'm not nervous, but I want to take it right now! I'll let you all know what happens tomorrow! Good night and thanks for the tips! :D
WWBBD?
Woohoo! Needed at least 515 out of 900 points to pass, I scored 536! Not by much, but it stil counts! I am so excited and shaky, oh man, this is crazy. Friday I take OS, which is suposed to be heavy on XP, eww, I think I can do it though! I'll keep you all updated!

:D :rolleyes: :P :D :rolleyes:
WWBBD?
I said, "nt"!
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Congratulations!
-scrape
How about them apples? They say they do not fall far from the tree, and that one can spoil the whole bunch. Well I say we may not all be rotten, but we are all spoiled.
degrak.com
degrak youtube
I took OS yesterday.....and scored a 499. Required to pass: 505. :angry: I was a bit peeved, so I was going to take it again, my the guy tried downloading the test again, but it wasn't coming through. So he called CompTIA and they said to wait 30-45 minutes because they were having a lot of traffic that day. So I was waiting around studying a bit, an hour and a half later he comes back in and says that it would be another one to two hours before I could take it. So I am going to go back January 2nd and try my luck again!
WWBBD?
I passed OS portion of my A+! I am now a CompTia certified Computer Technician! :rolleyes:
WWBBD?
nt
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu