Is This A Good Card?
Is the XFX GeForce FX5200 128MB DDR Video Card (AGP) a good card to get?

It is now fairly cheap $139 CAD. And currently I have a TNT2 16mb. So I am really in need of a new video card.

Any help and info would be greatly appreciated.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
well its better then a tnt :) BUT from benchmarks ive seen a gf4 4200 was faster then it. if you have to go nvidia maybe take the next step up and buy the 5900.

I would definatly check out some reviews though before making a decision.

www.anandtech.com is a great review site.
Signatures suck
Hehe the FX5900 Ultra is $620 CAD. That is way too expensive. I'm looking for something 160 and under.

I'll check out that website.
This is a nice video card, 256 MB, tv out, agp, about $130 without the rebate they show. Kinda makes me wish I had it <_< .
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Well I checked online @ Futureshop and they are selling the ATI Radeon 9200 128MB AGP Video Card for $139 (+taxes).

I have however heard that ATI cards do perform better but have big compatibility issues with certain games and DirextX versions. That Nvidia cards do not.
oops i meant to say 5600 NOT 5900. my bad :P
Signatures suck
Oh well hehe the 5600 is quite less expensive.

But I recently found out that one of my roommates at school has his CO-OP term this winter working for ATI. So if he's going to be able to buy ATI things with a discount then I will just hold off for a bit and get him to get me one of the latest top Radeons for a much cheaper price.

So which one is better?
RADEON™ 9600 TX
RADEON™ 9600 PRO

From the website the comparions show the TX to be the best one. Anyone have any experience with these?
Why not just get a 9700 PRO, the 9800 PRO is only slightly better than the 9700, so little in fact that you will notice no difference.

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
May be, first I would have to find out what type of discount my friend would get.
The 9600XT is better, ATI has upped the clock speed for that card and is introducing automatic overclocking with their new Catalyst drivers. The only problem is you can't find it for under $200 right now because it's basically a new card.

I own the 9600 Pro and it's done it's job wonderfully. New games run fine on it, although I haven't run Halo on it yet, which is the most hardware intensive game out there right now. But Armed and Dangerous, Prince of Persia, and Max Payne 2 all run wonderfully on it.

All of the current problems I've heard with DX9 cards have been with Nvidia, and DX9 Radeon cards (9600, 9800) have constantly outperformed their Nvidia counterparts because of inefficient DX9 coding.
<rant>

As an aside and thread hijack, Max Payne 2 absolutely sucked. I'm sorry for all you Max Payne players out there. It was just more of the first one. Less story, mor bullet time.

</rant>

Chicago wargaming club