Anyone else watching Battlestar Galactica?
I just finished watching the second "episode."

Holy wow. :o

The original show is a little before my time, so I went into this without too many preconceived notions of "how it should be," and boy am I glad. It would be pitiful to hate such a great show just because it's different from the one you knew.

And for those of you who've seen the commercials, if anyone doesn't at least tear up when the little girl playing with the doll makes an appearance, you can't be human. :(

I'm still wondering though, who Baltar's thrown in with (or if he even has...). Either he really does have a conscious or he got insanely lucky on that one particular call...

Oh, and the very last line from the second episode = :o :o :blink: :( :o :blink: :ph34r: :ph34r:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Watched the end last night. All in all, I thought it was really well done. It could have used a little more character developement, but there's only so much you can do in four hours. The only character that I really didn't like was Boomer. She really came across as whiney (again, more developement might have helped).

It was disturbing to hear the colony ships begging them not to leave them when the president jumped to the anchorage. The part with the little girl playing with her doll while the missiles came in was also very eerie........

W<
That was the end??? Holy crap, no way! We need more than 4 hours! :angry:

Boomer didn't really seem whiney to me, but what really threw me was the revelation that she was a Cylon ( :blink: ). I mean, geeze, I wonder how many others are onboard the Galactica or the convoy (probably no more than 10, if you assume the droidish Cylons are one model and that the Cylons only planted one of each model on Human worlds - two identical Boomers would be too risky, I think), since Boomer is a pilot and never seemed to have access to the CIC, and it was never explicitly said that the reporter Cylon planted the device.

Also, I suspect the Number Six Baltar sees is an encapsulated personality in his brainchip (see Sparky in FarScape), since she seems to be actively helping him (and by extension, the Galactica/convoy) against the Cylons, while the other Sixes we see are firmly for the "kill 'em all" policy. This is assuming, of course, that Baltar himself isn't a Cylon - I really doubt he'd survive an entire wall of shattered glass hurtling at him (not to mention the rest of his house presumably collapsing).
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Dec 10 2003, 04:07 AM Wrote:Oh, and the very last line from the second episode =&nbsp; :o&nbsp; :o&nbsp; :blink:&nbsp; :(&nbsp; :o&nbsp; :blink:&nbsp; :ph34r:&nbsp; :ph34r:
I waited the whole four hours to hear that line.

Regarding the girl and her doll: That was perhaps the strongest moment in the miniseries. It really upset me to watch it. I don't know if I could again.