prince of persia:sands of time
Does anyone know how i can get perfect game of 100% took me 13:43 hours to beat it and now its saying 98% finished grrrr
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
<Hijack>

Wha? I'm 20 hours into Knights of the Old Republic and only on my third planet! :blink:

Seriously, what's up with these 10-hour games nowadays?

</Hijack>

As for the new Prince of Persia game, I've heard that it's pretty darned good, but not being a console owner (hurr comedy NES option am I rite?) I can't really comment on it.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
It's definitely a title to rent if you get the chance. The controls are smooth and the framerate is high (locked at 60, very few stutters) and this just makes it a joy to play. It looks incredible on all 3 major consoles -- in fact, the PS2 looked so good the first time I saw it, I double-took: it looked so nice I thought it was XBox.

That said, it's simply a linear set of jump puzzles. My completion time was 4h45 minutes. Most people would be better off renting/borrowing the title, or at least waiting for the price drop.

By the way, as for your completion percentage, you'll never be able to hit 100% because at 100% you "win" (kill the end boss), and have no opportunity to save after that.

I recommend checking out the bonus Prince of Persia 1. Whee, old-school!
WarLocke,Dec 9 2003, 11:07 PM Wrote:As for the new Prince of Persia game, I've heard that it's pretty darned good, but not being a console owner (hurr comedy NES option am I rite?) I can't really comment on it.
Hm, I bought it this weekend for my PC so that's no excuse ;)

And talking about this game, I think I almost wet myself when playing through it. I must say that I absolutely loved the original PoP back in the day, so I might be a bit biased ;)

The things that make this game rock so much are:

-Comes with a free Thrustmaster dual analog joypad (12 buttons). No force feedback though, but so few PC games use it that it's not really an issue.
-Cost me 37€, less than KoTOR (which I'm also playing now, along with watching Babylon 5 season 3 which was released yesterday... I hate Christmas sometimes).
-It runs like a *charm* on my system with all details set to the max (Athlon XP 1600 MHz, GeForce ti4400).
-Looks gorgeous.
-The controls and movement of the character are just as good (relatively) as the original back in the day. Smooth, responsive, just perfect.
-Combat is great. This is not Oni or Blade, there are not a lot of complicated combos, but its simplicity is very very effective. Just great.
-Lovely puzzles all over the place that take you, again, back to the original.
-Did I mention how good it looks and how smooth it runs? (Insert horrible PC Halo performance flashback here). It's worth mentioning again.
-Great music, really.
-A bit too easy perhaps, that dagger is just too overpowered (mighty original feature though).
-Maybe a bit short, but if they had included a timer limit just like the original had I'm sure it'd have made up for it.

Alas, no Prince of Persia (original) or PoP 2 for the PC as extras.

But this game is just amazing. I'm about to finish it, but I know I'll be going through it again (and again!) after I do. This is no rental, this is a keeper!
Quote: Hm, I bought it this weekend for my PC so that's no excuse

No, my excuse is that KoTOR's 4gb installation only leaves me 800mb of space on my teeny 20gb hard drive. :(

I didn't know it was out for the PC though; I'll have to pick it up (eventually). I hope it still comes packaged with that gamepad when I do...
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Dec 17 2003, 06:38 AM Wrote:No, my excuse is that KoTOR's 4gb installation only leaves me 800mb of space on my teeny 20gb hard drive.&nbsp; :(
Wow, that's harsh. What about a second hard drive? They're going dirt cheap these days.

But yeah, 4 Gb of space is just too much. It annoys me that developers don't seem to use CDs anymore, they're just the mid-stage for getting the data in your Hard Drive. I mean come on, many people will be happy to swap CDs every now and then if they can save their HD space!