Discovery good or bad?
I was able to get a copy of hellfire, was it worth it?

Are there any manuals available for it?

Love playing diablo thought hellfire would feed my addiction.
Keeper of Nightworld
Where can I get more information about hellfire?

poor choice for a topic, would really appreciate input about the game.
Keeper of Nightworld
Basically it is Diablo 1.04 but with more stuff and more bugs. The game should start out basically the same though.

The hive is equivalent to the caves, but it is much uglier. You can open them with the rune bomb that the complete nut/lester gives you when you are of high enough level. The crypt is located in the church's graveyard and can be opened by dropping the scroll you find on the fourth level of the hive on the largest tomb. The crypt is pretty darn ugly too. The only point for going into the crypt is to kill Na-Krul for his drops. It seems he always drops a long bow (battle?), a book of apocalypse, war staff, and a great sword. I do like the layout of the crypt as it is the same as the dungeons (1-4). When you play multiplayer, you may still go down into the crypt without the scroll even though it looks closed up.

Aside from the new areas, there isn't much different save a few unique items, spells and magic affixes - not counting character classes or anything. There are just a few new affixes worth noting:

Penetrates armor/damages targets armor - in Hellfire these reduce a targets AC by a significant amount and are well worth it. A warrior using a civerbs cudgel that would normally take three gold jewels in classic Diablo can now be effective with this item alone. I'm not sure if the fantastic unique ring system of vanilla hellfire allow RoE to drop, but it may drop in hellfire: fixed.

Peril - this does two times your total damage to monsters, and does damage to your character based on the damage of the weapon you use (it does either the weapon damage to you or double it, IIRC the correct one is not displayed correctly). It is a low-end suffix, so you can only buy it with young characters. It also means you can't get sufficient to-hit mods on an item of peril either, so gold jewels or RoE is in order.

Jester's - this does 0-6 times your total damage to monsters, an average of x2. Potentially enormous damage, potentially none. This is also a low-end prefix meaning you can't pair it with a to-hit mod and the suffix can't be haste, vamps, heavens, blood. You can get swiftness, leech, bat with it though.

Characters are pretty much built with the same standard equipment as those in classic Diablo except Goldy Full plates are available to hellfire characters and whether or not you are able to put some of the new affixes to good use.

I would play hellfire: fixed as well. If for nothing else, only for the fact that Diablo now always drops an item like a unique enemy. He is level 45 which doesn't lead too much room for bad affixes. I can't wait for him to drop a jewel... *drool*
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Deathclaws Rule,Dec 7 2003, 01:39 AM Wrote:I was able to get a copy of hellfire, was it worth it?
Of course. It will enable you to play The Dark :D
[Image: Zamal.gif]
Quote:I'm not sure if the fantastic unique ring system of vanilla hellfire allow RoE to drop, but it may drop in hellfire: fixed.

Vanilla HF cannot drop RoE in multiplayer. In SP it may drop, but finding it will be difficult as all hell. All the new Hellfire rings must drop first. That means finding 9 unique rings in one game. That's worse than finding Lightforge in classic D1: it only needs two items to drop first.

And for added fun, RoE will morph in the next new game. Go Sierra!

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
I once managed the seccond ring in the serries... and the morph upset me to no end.
The wind has no destination.
thank you Zamal your information is what I was looking for. I had already started playing as a monk now I think with this new information, will restart and have more fun.
Keeper of Nightworld