Hello, looking for an old game...
I did a forum search and found nothing useful. There was a topic on it a long time back, possibly before we switched over to Invision Boards. Anyway, it is all command based, you start out in a dark room and your objective is to get out of the room and then I don't remember. I'm sure someone remembers the name. If you could help that would be great! Thanks ahead of time!
WWBBD?
Hmmm. I've seen a few like that. How old? Text only? Like Infocom, or was it a graphics based game?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

http://thcnet.net/error/index.php

Zork Online :)
That's it! Thank you!
WWBBD?
I wasted a good chunk of my freshman year of college playing the DEC-20 version of this game; Dungeon. I eventually beat it, and the endgame, but not before I had constructed a rather extensive map. A very nice version of a Dungeon map was printed on the cover of one of the DEC magazines - darned if I can remember which one.

The game was written at MIT sometime in the late 70's (in Fortran of all things) and was quite a hit, at least at my school. We played on printing terminals; it gave a nice printout for later map making.

I think a pretty decent case can be made for the DEC-10 Dungeon being our beloved D2's great grampa. I certainly was strongly reminded of Dungeon the first time I played Rogue, and anyone who's played NetHack knows how much D1 owes to that game.

The thing that D2 is missing is the the sense of humour; there's a little there off and on (The Diggler got a chuckle when I first encountered it) but overall D2 takes itself just a bit too seriously. The puzzles were also great fun --- as was finding out one shouldn't take a sharp stick into an inflatable raft.

Bonus points if you are under 21 and have any clue why the in game EBCDIC scrolls were unreadable on a DEC machine. :)

-DarkCrown