[City of Heroes] This makes me sad...
City of Heroes Closed Beta Announced.

Like clockwork, as soon as I stop checking the site daily, they announce the beta. :angry:

Unfortunately, while they say everyone signed up on the message boards will eventually get invited, those who registered first will get the first invites. Which puts me about 2 years down on the list. :(

Also, I meet all the requirements for the Beta except for the Broadband connection. I'm wondering if I should lie about it and risk having to download the 2gb+ files if Cryptic decides not to ship CDs.

This game is so going to rule. :ph34r:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Dec 2 2003, 03:59 AM Wrote:Unfortunately, while they say everyone signed up on the message boards will eventually get invited, those who registered first will get the first invites.  Which puts me about 2 years down on the list.  :(

Also, I meet all the requirements for the Beta except for the Broadband connection.  I'm wondering if I should lie about it and risk having to download the 2gb+ files if Cryptic decides not to ship CDs.

This game is so going to rule.  :ph34r:
I ran through that 700+ post thread and got a few snippets :
Quote:Sorry, Doc. No dial-up in any capacity during these first initial stages of the closed beta.

-Aura

Quote:
Quote:Originally posted by BGmasta
Aura: Will the BETA come in the form of a dowloadable client?

I bloody hope so.

Yes it will be, BGmasta. At least at this stage.

-Aura

By the time you get invited (probably close to or when the open beta starts, if you first registered in '03) there should probably be an option for a CD though.

And yes, this game is going to pwnz0r j00.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->