McJob is finally recognised
Websters dictionary has recognised the word "McJob" to mean "low-paying and dead-end work".

What a crack up :)
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
Time to update my electronic dictionary, I guess.

Let's see what Oxford has to say about this.

"No need to update." I guess the British don't share your opinion.. ;)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
No!

The cockroaches have competed yet another phase of their plan for world domination! Once they totally lobotomize the human race, they'll hit the Big Red Button themselves and have the world to do with as they please!

McJob? Makes me ashamed to be human. :angry:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
You speak as if one endeavouring the maintain the purity of the English language. The trouble is, the English language is as pure as an Aldgate whore, picking up every little bit of this and that from any other language that passes her fancy, anything that is the vogue (the word vogue, for instance) of the moment. She even makes stuff up from a mish-mash of fractured words, vestigial terms, gibberish (like the words "mish-mash" and "gibberish") and good ol' jargon or acronyms.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
... So you don't mind that McJob is now an 'official' word?

There's quite a difference between 'adopting' a foreign word like vogue into the English language (one that has an actual use and definition), but McJob? C'mon now...
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
http://www.home.no/lzp/emoticon.wav
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
What the... (The forum won't let me type this)?

That's just plain mean. -_- Although slightly funny.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
... thats McFunny ;)
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
A well endowed German call girl who likes all of those foreign fashions. So, what's not to like? :D She gets around, all right, and funnily enough, is a world traveler.

Live large, while you can, look at what happened to Latin!
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Well, gee golly and gadzooks! That sure as in gosh-darned heck done freaked me out, dude! Let me finagle this lil' blurb of info into my noggin'. But meanwhile...

"Bazooka" was a psuedo-Yiddish bit of nomenclature for a vaudeville musical instrument. Not anymore, buddy.

"Gothic" was a disparaging term that a person of a Reniassance mind labeled to those regions and localities that remained more or less medieval, the term itself making reference to the tribe of Goths that had nothing to do with the architectural and societal lines in which they describe.

A "snafu" was born out of an acronym. So was "radar", "sonar", and "laser".

Don't like "centimetric radar"? Try "microwave" instead.

A "homer", is it a baseball term, or a diminuation of "homing-capable"?

Automobile. Or is it "autonomously mobile carriage"? Hamburger. Or is it a "Hamburg steak sandwich"?

"Bah. Humbug." a refrain from a fictional character that attains immortality in its use as an exclamation as well as meaning "nonsense".

"McJob", aside from the potentially mistaken perspective that it is derogatory to the Irish, is no more an affront to the English language than any of the other past assaults.

As one can deign, thou speaks in the tongue of the English, but in a passing of manner most strange to mine ears.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
They also added comb-over and a few other odd words.
Hi,

Live large, while you can, look at what happened to Latin!

Not to mention French, Spanish, and a large part of English?

Languages, like people, live on in their descendants. Although English seems to have no legitimate offspring (much like the Norman French house of Anjou), its bastards look to be taking over the world.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:A "homer", is it a baseball term, or a diminuation of "homing-capable"?

I think you mean "to suceed despite idiocy". Good grief! does no-one watch the simpsons these days?

-Bob
Quote:Good grief! does no-one watch the simpsons these days?

I can assure you that they do. IIRC, a couple years back, American Heritage Dictionary added "d'oh"
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu