Wierd.
I was running my new bard around and she finally found a suit of medium armor!!!

So as I was walking around I noticed something strange.

When the rouge is standing and attacking while wielding a sword, she is holding a long sword, but when she walks and casts spells, she's wielding a scimitar!

Has anybody alse noticed this?
Do unto others before they do unto you
Quote:When the rouge is standing and attacking while wielding a sword, she is holding a long sword, but when she walks and casts spells, she's wielding a scimitar!

What if...

Quote:Moulin Rogue
X-Men's Rogue falls for a young Obi-Wan Kenobi. After their first kiss he goes catatonic and the rest of the movie is a musical dance around his hospital bed. Ironically, even in his catatonic state Obi gives a less wooden performance than his Jedi Apprentice in Episode II.

*clears head of that nonsense*

Quote:Has anybody alse noticed this?

Short answer: Ages and ages ago. Rogue's straight sword/curved sword transformation is pretty well common knowledge. Less common is the observation that her shieldless Mace attack animation has a scabbard for certain armor types. The scabbard disappears when she idles.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
Quote:Obi gives a less wooden performance than his Jedi Apprentice in Episode II.

I do hope you mean what I think you mean, and not what I think you may have misconveyed... :o
Although I do think I am right in assuming that you mean what you said and you said what you meant. Although if the case is you didn't state your case clear enough (since at first glance it is rather opaque, though with further thought into the matter, I have decided that although it isn't very tough, I think I know your thoughts... [lots of ways to pronounce "ough"]), then I feel it may be time to do the Uber Llama Smash of Doom!!™ But probably not (and besides, you are an almost as uber mod, so it wouldn't be as strong :) )

Anyway, back on topic... I never noticed the mace thing. :) Thanks for this jewel of wisdom that we all shall feel more enlightened by reading. (not sarcastic... the pointless trivia is the only thing I will remember when I am 90) Are there any other odd graphical display stuff that I don't know about?
When a Rogue/Bard with a Mace (think Mini-Mage with a Dreamflange) engages a Fire spell, the mace head turns orange with the heat. Never saw such an effect rendered on other character models.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Are there any other odd graphical display stuff that I don't know about?

You probably know about this one, but I'm still trying to figure out how the rogue puts her hair up/down so fast when changing outfits! Most high maintainance gals I know would spend hours on the process. But maybe it can be done quickly when you know you're gonna have "helmet hair" anyway.
Plus, when a heavy-armoured Rogue casts a certain class of spell (Methinks it's lightning, I can't exactly remember) the whole model goes dark for no reason.

Somehow I'm beginning to think that they rendered the Rogue last, when the deadline was approaching :)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
When casting spells with a mace in heavy armor, the rogue's pony tail you see with light armor mysteriously appears.

I'm pretty sure her armor gets very dark even when just swinging a sword too.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Most of the time we all love blizzard, but you've got to hate the way they cut corners when a deadline approaches. (oh wait, they still didn't make the deadline on d2....)
Do unto others before they do unto you
Blizzard is our friend!

*makes hissing noises*

No, they're murderers! They murdered the DSF!

No! They provided Battle.net.

That was other people, you fool!

Friend!

Murderers!

Go away!

etc., etc.
Blizzard nice people, they gave us our precccioussss grarrrg, grarrrg. Nice Blizzard would never take away precciousss.

But Evil Blizzard Patch the preciouss, make it not as good a preciouss. Evil Blizzard must be strangled in its sleep it will be. grarrrg, grarrrg.

No, we be nice to the nice Blizzard, they fix the precious for us if we be nice grarrrg, grarrrg.