Favorite/Best finds
I'm starting this thread because I was interested in knowing what are your best or favorite items you have found, bought or owned over all these years of playing Diablo. I bet some of the most experienced player who have had the game since day one have seen a couple of sweet items pass by...

Personnaly, I've been playing the full version of Diablo for about 6 years, but mostly the last 3 years or so have been the best since I've been more and more interested in the deeper knowledge and workings of the game. Thanks to places like the DSF and LL (many others actually), I have been able to quench that thirst for Diablo knowledge. :)

Here is my list of the items I think are the best I owned over the years, most of which I still do :) :

Armors:

2x Awesome Fpm of Giants - can't remember the stats, don't have them no more :(
Obsidian mail of the Stars: 39% ra / +11 all - my favorite LAW bodywear
Saintly Fpm of Sorcery: 73ac +125% / +18 magic
Also a few very high-end Awesome Fpm of nothing

Headgear:

Most my guys use RC or TC, but my first serious rogue had a nice Holy GrHelm of the Mammoth

Shields:

Near perfect Awesome Tower shield of the Tiger, don't have anymore :(
Emmerald Gothic shield of the Tiger: 48% ra / +46 life - very good LAW shield

Weapons:

2x Bountifull Staff of Apocalypse: both 36/36 charges - good for item recovery, even if it's overkill ;), and to have fun!
Lightning Bastard sword of the Vampire: not particularly useful or good, but I had some fun with this one!
Obsidian short Battle bow of the heaven: 40% ra / +12 all, best I have bought so far

Now my collection of King's Bastys:

Kso Vampire - My Gotter wearing (first serious) warrior loved that to SC witches
Kso Blood - KsoV has better health return, but KsoB less of a hassle in the brawl
Kso Precision - Never used it, keeping it for my collection ;)
Kso Giants - Same as KsoP
Kso Speed - My longest running Warrior used that, now gone due to comp crash
Kso Haste -The legendary blade! Bought my first two month ago. Thanks Gris!! :)

Jewelry:

Obsidian amulet of the Heavens: I own two - 35%/+15 and 34%/+14
Drake's ring of the Heaven: +49 mana / +15 to all - am pround of that one :)
Drake's ring of Wizardry: +49 mana / +29 magic - also proud
Dragon's amulet of Sorcery: don't remember the stats, but was pretty good AFAIK
Many perfect Zodiac rings and ammys, but God forbid they'd ever get a good prefix!

Well folks' that's pretty much my list, I may have forgotten a few and made up a couple (jk), can't wait to hear about your's!!

<EDIT> - Reformating
I like my rusted axe and useless mace of the pit. My mace of corruption was cool too.

My favorite jewels that I have seen fall are anything of "the fool." Good times.

Selby
I have a full list of muled items of note on my website, but my favorite two are:

Merciless bastard sword of Slaughter 151%/18 - doesn't that just sound cool? Ignoring all special damage to certain monster types (and its less than stellar stats) this item will grant the greatest amount of damage possible on a one handed weapon.

Merciless long war bow of burning 174% - one percentage point away from perfect quality. Not extremely useful, but its a good feeling to know you have a better version of the same thing that those cheaters go around duping.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
*points at avatar*

And a pox on you for not mentioning it.
Greetings lurkers! I have actually found 2 TFoS (Yay me!!). That was before I started playing mods but since I have started my mods I would have to say my favorite and best find so far is my Champions Club of Carnage(I forgot the stats). I found this at about clvl 2 and have been using it since. At first I thought something was wrong because...well it is a weapon with the champion's prefix, after a few moments of thought I decided it was the mod (Abysmal mod) any thoughts on this? Nomad25055 :huh:
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Most of my early characters and the items they used are long gone, but if I could have a few back for sentimental value these ones come to mind:

King's Scimitar of Haste: My first MP character, Phantom, bought one of these off of Wirt before I had ever killed Diablo. I think I sold it to Gris after finding Hellslayer or some other nice unique axe. Live and learn!

Torn Flesh of Souls: OK I had to throw this one in for Lemmy. Finding it always makes my day a little brighter though. It brings back memories of long nights spent chatting in Sorcerers Tower, and sending begging cheaters on snipe hunts.

Weak Dagger of Weakness: This was one of the first items found by Gonzo(BNM), my first variant. Since it was a weapon it did not break as fast as most of his items, it was light enough to use right away, and the item name seemed just perfect.

Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac: Animal(BAR) found one of these around the time of his King quest attempts. I was very excited. Somehow it ended up staying with Animal permanently, so it was one of the few legit obs/zods that never got used.

Emerald staff of Wizardry: The preferred weapon of Statler(OLD), the original Geezer. The trophy item of my trophy character. Not really a difficult item to acquire, but somehow that makes it all the more appropriate.
My chars found a couple of good items so far, but the best one was found by my rogue just as she turned 49: a dragon's (55) amulet of the zodiac (20) off a BK on dlvl 16 (one of the last three remaining on the level). Good thing clvl 50 was so far away that it actually got used. She also found a nice dragon/wiz jewel, but she passed it on to a friendly legit sorc since I'm a purist.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
I have found two objects of note: the first being a Broad Sword based KSoV. Not the biggest badass on the block, but it has the grace of being the best weapon I have found-- that is to say, something I did not acquire through shopping. Blood Knight on one of the early Hell levels dropped the knife.

Second object of note, a certain little amulet my Warrior pulled out of a Cabalist/SoulBurner level 15. I pulled two amulets of that place: one being, I believe to the best of my recolection, off of a Cabalist. The second amulet was from a Large Chest on the level. If I am correct as to the origins of the amulets, then that means that I pulled this certain little jewel, an Ob/Zod, from a mere treasure chest... ;)

I am not counting, of course, anything that I bought from Gris, Adria, or Wirt, being this a thread of the best stuff we've found.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
It has been some time since I played Diablo, but I still remember two finds that excited me at the time:

Crimson Ring of the Dark
Jade Bow of Swiftness
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Back when I discovered the wonderful game that is Diablo, I only had spawned version installed on my old comp. I played that for hell of a while before getting the full version. I was kinda proud of the character I had built: a Warrior (duh!), played until he could'nt get anymore experience from the toughest monsters that showed up in spawn, Rotting Carcass IIRC.

That warrior might have been around clvl 14-15, can't remember and am too lazy to check JG to calculate correct level to stop lvling from Rotting Carcass...

Anyway the point is I had him outfited exclusively with items "of Power". He had pretty sweet Str and damage for a Spawn character.

My brother played his warrior as high level as mine, but he had him wearing +magic/mana items, and casting spells.

I was kinda proud of that character, but after getting full version of Diablo I had an equally powerfull warrior after an hour of play, compared to the many, many hours of clearing dlvl 2....

Silly huh? ;)
I never really found any great armor, mostly Awsome FPMs of nothing, or weapons with the best being a near perfect KSOHeavens, but I have found more than my share of nice jewelry. I've found two Obs/Zods, one ring with mediocre stats, one amulet with great stats. I've found a Drakes/Zod ring, and a very nice Serpent/Zod. Some Mana/Wiz rings and ammys (no Drag/Wiz though). I also had a nice Obs/Heavens ammy.

I've also found some very nice LAW equipment, a nearly perfect Drag/Perf, and some Drakes/Perf. At one point I also had a nice Obs/Wolf (I think) chain mail. And, of course, I've found most of the uniques (including TFOS!), but no Helm of Sprits or any other rare ones.
At first I didn't include uniques since most of them are common finds, but one of them really came to me at the right time and I've always liked it for that reason...

Twas the night before Christmas.... euh... I mean my first full-version-of-Diablo-Single-Player-Character, a warrior. Started out pretty normaly, then stumbled on that nice Arkaine's Valor in early Catacombs... Pretty nice armor I tought and wow, my guy's finaly got a new look! That suit did me well till late caves, where it's protection wasn't quite enough for me (I didn't know back then Dex was THE warrior stat).

Having made my way to Hell, I was having a very hard time against Steel Lords on dlvl13. Then I see this lever (or was it a tome, been a while since I SP'ed) and throw it. Later on, I come across this room full of those Steel Lords and their boss, the infamous Warlord of Blood. I dragged him and is pack around the stairs up to fight them one by one, running around the stairs.

After painfully taking all of them down, (did I mention I had very poor %to hit??) I went back to loot the 2 armor racks and 4 weapon racks in the room. To my surprise, a suit of gold Full Plate Mail droped. That sure solved my AC problems.

That's why I've always been fond of the Demonspike Coat, even if it's Multi Player usefulness is pretty limited.
My most memorable find will always be when I found the elusive Helm of Sprits. I put so damned much effort into finding one, it wasn't even funny.

Some of my better finds were:

-King's Bastard Sword of Speed (+100%/+154%) (bought from Gris)
-Emerald Long War Bow of the Heavens (+50%/+14 to all) (Gorash)
-Dragon's Amulet of the Zodiac (+57/+20) (Stareye the Witch)
-Awesome Full Plate Mail of the Stars (75 base/+146%?/+9 to all) (random armor rack on dlvl 15)
-Awesome Tower Shield of the Tiger (20 base/+149%/+50 Life)

I've never found an Obs/Zod, which I regret.
I'm still looking for a topaz shield of blocking.

Best I've found? a 50/20 drake's amulet of the Zodiac, long gone now, along with an almost perfect Awesome FPM of sorcery (73 base 150/20). Not many items really come to mind :)
Playing through Hellfire Fixed
(help control the pet population have your pets spayed or neutered)
the other day with me Sorc, a Boss on dlvl 14 dropped a Unique Gothic Shield

*cha-ching*

Kept playing (same game), not finding much else of use, somewhere near Laz's chamber a boss (bloodlust)? dropped a Unique Tower Shield

*cha-ching*cha-ching*

Now I just have to transfer the Gothic to my warrior and.....

You know, that's something that could be changed in the next version of HFF, Switch out one of the Stormshields for a new unique.

Also that "item" that is found laying around in the Crypt? You know, the red one? Well I had it sitting up in town by my junk-pile (alternate equipment), and it somehow gained the Enchants of my breast plate (which was laying on the ground). The odd part is that it gained "double" enchantments, it became a Jade Jade whatever of Deflection of Deflection, but in the stat box, and when equipped it only gave one set worth of enchants (resists only went up by 22). So it could be possible, if one figures out how it happened, to create custom "thingies" for your characters.

Oh yeah, and don't teleport off the South-East side of Tristram, the South-West is safe, you'll just not exist, but the S-E crashed my game once. This was after I dumped my junkpile. Lost a nice 80+ Dur Nightscape :(
I have found/bought tons of good stuff during my gaming experience. Not listed here, and some of my favourites, are my near-perfect Awesome Full Plate Mail Of The Tiger ( 75 / +149% / +50 ) and my (purchased) King's Bastard Sword Of The Vampires ( +95% / +167% ).

Well, I've just browsed my screenshot archives and I've found some interesting things:

[Image: ssoh.jpg]
Ruby Armor Of The Whale

Product from massive clvl 30+ Wirt/Gris shopping.

[Image: holytig.jpg]

That's the best the rascal ever offered me. DeeBye purchased the best HTSOT I've ever known of, and it had base AC 13...

[Image: Obsmam.jpg]

One of my favourites, product of massive shopping with a clvl 20 character.

[Image: goldhvns.jpg]

Wonderful for a Cudgelizer

Crystal Ring Of The Zodiac
Drakes Ring Of The Heavens

Perhaps among the best jewels I've ever found. I've never found a single Mana/Zod nor Jade/Obs Zods.

[Image: topazblock.jpg]

Time to show off :)

Weak Sabre Of Weakness

Single Player find. Already had Weak/Weakness short bow and Rusted/Dislexya Breastplate but they might be gone.

King's Short Sword Of Haste

Best KSOH I've ever trully *found*
Except in pure mathematics, nothing is known for certain (although much is certainly false).

Carl Sagan, "The Demon Haunted World"
I recently found/got a King's Broad Sword of the Heavens. I'm just trying to remember if it was the mongo find I pulled out of a Nightmare/Hell solo run with my Warrior, or if it was that pricey item I threw in most of my cash clips in order to get... my muscle mage has been looking in line for the same sort of gear, I'm wondering if I mixed the two boys up.

That KSoH of yours has kickass stats. You know that you're a real vet of the game when you start judging Kings' weps by the numbers and start tossing away KSo_'s because of their "crappy" +151% Damage stats.

I wouldn't knock the low base items of such weps down too much, especially when applied with Damage boosting suffixes. My Warrior has a King's Spiked Club of Carnage that generates more damage (animals vs undead notwithstanding) than the King's Broad Sword of Vampires that acts as his primary wep.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:You know, that's something that could be changed in the next version of HFF, Switch out one of the Stormshields for a new unique.

Stormshield (and Gnarled Root) don't exist on two different base types because they're entered in the code twice. Goth/Tower Shields (and Clubs/Spiked Clubs) use the same value to identify themselves. It can be made to stop appearing on a particular base, but this would only make SS more rare.

Quote:Also that "item" that is found laying around in the Crypt? You know, the red one?

The Soulstone?

Quote:Well I had it sitting up in town by my junk-pile (alternate equipment), and it somehow gained the Enchants of my breast plate (which was laying on the ground). The odd part is that it gained "double" enchantments, it became a Jade Jade whatever of Deflection of Deflection, but in the stat box, and when equipped it only gave one set worth of enchants (resists only went up by 22). So it could be possible, if one figures out how it happened, to create custom "thingies" for your characters.

The enchantment types it generates are probably anything that can appear on helms, with the qlvl determined by dlvlx2 (dlvl on which it was found). Anyway, its purpose is just a goof, but if you collect all of the Crypt novelty items . . .

Quote:Oh yeah, and don't teleport off the South-East side of Tristram, the South-West is safe, you'll just not exist, but the S-E crashed my game once. This was after I dumped my junkpile. Lost a nice 80+ Dur Nightscape

Thus why it's better to experiment when it won't result in the loss of anything.

Tele in town exists to speed up movement through town (as if Jog wasn't enough, heh), not to visit The Negative Zone outside of Tristram. Using it outside of its intended function will have unexpected results.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
I must now update my list of favorite items, for one of my long-wanted item just droped off a Cabalist or chest on dlvl15, a very sweet Warrior/Rogue armor, and it's got sweet stats too!! :D

Awesome Fpm of Precision : 71 base AC, +145%, +20 dex :)
Hmm... Knights Broad Sword of the Heavens (or something like that) on my first warrior...

Demonspike Coat from one of the Warlord of Blood's Armor Racks on my first warrior...

One of Lazarus' minions gave me a Stormshield (gothic, IIRC), on my first warrior...

Some rings of the heaven' with some other prefix

A random prefix amulet of something or another

Windforce from Sir Gorash or one of his minions, (you guessed it...) on my first warrior...

And, most importantly, Torn Flesh of Souls, on my first Sorcerer. :)

I'm sure some better jewelry dropped... but I was a newb who over-valued the Heaven's suffix.